U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 06:31 PM

51,361 posts, read 50,609,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Pizza and spaghetti; can't seem to ever like the two.
Wow. I don't think I ever in my life met a person who didn't like pizza. I'm sure there are such people, I just have never met one.

Or maybe here in New Jersey, no one will admit it, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,678,769 times
I want to like yogurt, but no matter how many different forms I try I still don't like it. It's a shame because it seems so convenient and healthy.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:38 PM

51,361 posts, read 50,609,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I want to like yogurt, but no matter how many different forms I try I still don't like it. It's a shame because it seems so convenient and healthy.
Now that's something that I did learn to like after trying it a few times. I only like certain ones, and I don't like any of the type that has the jelly/jam-type cooked "fruit" in it. I just want vanilla or banana flavored when it's all smooth and blended. I do add blueberries or strawberries to the vanilla, and that's good.

It took me a while, though. Yogurt has a sour taste that you have to get used to.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:14 PM

4,729 posts, read 8,374,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Olives. I really want to like olives. I like olive oil, but olives taste nothing like olive oil. They taste like something you forgot about for months in the back of the refrigerator and then found and couldn't identify and then bit into it because maybe you were drunk and not thinking clearly enough to throw it out.

We have Wegman's in my area, which is a nice grocery store that carries everything yet has reasonable prices. They have a Mediterranean bar, which has all different types of olives, as well as babaganoush and different types of hummus and Greek yogurt dip with dill and cucumber and other tasty things. I buy the dips and I really want to get the olives, except that I know they taste like ****.

I have tried over the years to test different olives and see if there is one I can find that doesn't immediately set off my gag reflex and make me spit it out, but I've had no luck. I'm 55. I don't think I'm ever going to learn to like olives.
Oh man, that's too bad. There might be one or two types of olive that I'm not too keen on, but none that really make me gag.

I often joke that I could be stranded on a deserted island with nothing but olives and cheese... since there are so many different types and preparations for both. I'd be so sad if olives didn't agree with my taste buds

Of course, I think raisins are vile, along with a whole bunch of stuff that other people love (okra - yack). I don't miss them since I don't like them, so I guess it's the same for you and olives.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 PM

1,210 posts, read 853,001 times
Once every other year, I try lamb
just to remind myself I dont like it

Old 05-22-2014, 11:32 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,386,026 times
I do not like hams, pork chops and most dessert pies, especially fruit pies like cherry and apple. I dread dinners on my mom's side of the family because it normally is ham or pork chops, pie, and a lot of gross "american" sides that I don't want to even think about. Mushy carrots with a sweet sauce come to mind... barf.

I also do not care for sweet potatoes, especially sweet potato fries. That is probably the one I've re-tried the most, because people keep telling me how great they are, and I've never liked them.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM

3,596 posts, read 3,579,986 times
Goat cheese. Nope, still terrible every time I've tried it.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:10 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,820,037 times
Raw mangoes.

Most wines.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM

9,300 posts, read 8,427,740 times
About sweet potato fries: I used to not like them, but I found if they are "Cajun spiced", i.e. with a lot of salt, pepper, and cayenne, they taste good.

It's weird, because I love sweet potatoes when having stuff like candied yams (my mom would put melted marshmellows on top, talk about over the top yummy sweetness) and baked or creamed sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar is yummy. However, for some reason, sweet potato fries need that saltiness or I don't like them as much.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 AM

9,300 posts, read 8,427,740 times
My wife hates caramel, which is odd because my ex-wife hates it too.

I never have liked peanut butter pie. It's just too sweet or something. It's odd, because I like peanut butter in a lot of things like fudge or cookies but peanut butter pies I can't stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or