U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 PM

22,703 posts, read 21,750,727 times

Advertisements

Not from those nasty packages. I eat ramen once in a while in a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 05:14 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Not from those nasty packages. I eat ramen once in a while in a restaurant.
and what do you bet, the ones you eat in a restaurant came right out of those nasty packages

I have to admit and I do not like processed foods, I love ramen noodles. No, we only have them about once a month at the most with the rest of our meal being made from scratch, but doctored up a little they are pretty tasty.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM

2,684 posts, read 962,344 times
I hated supermarket ramen until I found an old site called ramen rater. The guy loved ramen, was Asian, and tried every flavor of every packet from every country and rated them all, with in put from his readers. So after trying a few of his recommendations, I can say I love La Mian ramen, in Laksa flavor, followed by curry, but uck, hate the chili crab. Indomie makes great flavors and my favorite are Mi Goreng Pedas or just plain Mi Goreng if I don't want spices. People swear by the chicken onion flavor. I used to love NongShim Ramyun gourmet spicy flavor until they started making it in California and the noodles went to mush. My second choice is Ottoji Jin Ramyun spicy flavor, though like a lot of Korean things, it can be a bit sweet, but wow!, so spicy.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:14 PM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I hated supermarket ramen until I found an old site called ramen rater. The guy loved ramen, was Asian, and tried every flavor of every packet from every country and rated them all, with in put from his readers. So after trying a few of his recommendations, I can say I love La Mian ramen, in Laksa flavor, followed by curry, but uck, hate the chili crab. Indomie makes great flavors and my favorite are Mi Goreng Pedas or just plain Mi Goreng if I don't want spices. People swear by the chicken onion flavor. I used to love NongShim Ramyun gourmet spicy flavor until they started making it in California and the noodles went to mush. My second choice is Ottoji Jin Ramyun spicy flavor, though like a lot of Korean things, it can be a bit sweet, but wow!, so spicy.
I use the regular old supermarket ones: I make sure I do not overcook them, toss the flavor pack, add a little soy souse, green onion and cilantro and well as a bit of OO.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:33 PM

3,123 posts, read 1,217,954 times
I love crunching the uncooked noodles as a snack, but they're still a diet no-no. Fried carbs!

Old 08-13-2017, 04:25 PM

34,541 posts, read 42,708,506 times
I do not. I use it for oriental salad, though.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:29 PM

20,304 posts, read 37,790,850 times
Yes, we eat the chicken flavored ramen noodle products. I break up the noodles while still in the package before I put them in the pot. I often add chopped up chicken meat, a pat of butter and fresh cracked black pepper. Sometimes I use chicken broth or stock instead of water.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:38 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,703,728 times
Rarely. Once in a while I will have some with an egg mixed in.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:48 PM

1,673 posts, read 1,843,685 times
I'm still using my Rapid Ramen microwave cooker. 3 min cook time. It still looks brand new after years of use. It was a good $2 expense.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 AM

22,703 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what do you bet, the ones you eat in a restaurant came right out of those nasty packages

I have to admit and I do not like processed foods, I love ramen noodles. No, we only have them about once a month at the most with the rest of our meal being made from scratch, but doctored up a little they are pretty tasty.
I meant everything but the noodles. Like this:

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/rest...t-ramen-in-nyc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink