U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 05:12 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,892,295 times

Advertisements

Dang, that Crockpot macaroni and cheese recipe sounds REAL good !!! Another thing you can do is do breakfast for dinner. One of the things I like from McDonald's drivethru breakfasts are the egg and sausage breakfast burritos. Just get the flour tortillas (come in ziplock bags). Scramble up a bunch of eggs without milk added, have some cheese of your choice ready (or the fake stuff called American cheese slices ready to go!), fry up some sausage, and then put scrambled egg, sausage bits, and some cheese onto the tortilla, roll it up with ends tucked in first before rolling, and microwave 15 seconds or so. Have some salsa ready and you're good to go! Who cares if it's 6pm or later..still tastes good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,301,181 times
Possom & rats???!!! Are you guys serious???!!! (I ASSUME you're playing...)

Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,166,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Possom & rats???!!! Are you guys serious???!!! (I ASSUME you're playing...)
No ma'am. And by tree rats, I mean squirrels. Mother Nature's delectible snack food. They are top shelf, right up there with dove and quail.
Now then, I'm a country boy, but I ain't stupid. I don't do no possum. I've known folks that have, but that is just one nasty little critter that I avoid. Possums and racoons. Can't eat 'em, and they tear your car up if you run 'em down.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,659,267 times
Since I only cook a big breakfast on Sundays, I sometimes make breakfast for dinner as well. Kind of breaks up the trend. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs, or my personal favorite, bisquits and gravy ! I am more in the mood to cook a big breakfast at night rather than first thing in the morning .

Old 10-27-2006, 08:28 AM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
No ma'am. And by tree rats, I mean squirrels. Mother Nature's delectible snack food. They are top shelf, right up there with dove and quail.
Now then, I'm a country boy, but I ain't stupid. I don't do no possum. I've known folks that have, but that is just one nasty little critter that I avoid. Possums and racoons. Can't eat 'em, and they tear your car up if you run 'em down.
Oh yea, you can't beat fried squirrel and bar-b-q racoon!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:52 PM

7,045 posts, read 15,984,088 times
Oh, let's see, what could it be tonight?
Fried chicken with mashed taters and a vegie
Broiled T-Bone, Rib Eye or Porterhouse STEAK and baked tater
Ham Steak and my wife's fabulous potatoe salad
Pork Chops/Pork Steak and fried taters
Beef or Pork Roast in the old crock pot and (of course) taters
Do you think we are a "meat and tater" family........FOR SURE!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:11 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,301,181 times
That's REALLY bizarre! I never heard of anyone eating squirrels! Or racoons! Dog, cat, alligator...But never squirrel or racoon! So Electron, you don't like racoon, but ILNC does...Interesting...I don't eat meat, but I used to, and it seems those animals are small & furry with not much meat! Like eating a rat!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
That's REALLY bizarre! I never heard of anyone eating squirrels! Or racoons! Dog, cat, alligator...But never squirrel or racoon! So Electron, you don't like racoon, but ILNC does...Interesting...I don't eat meat, but I used to, and it seems those animals are small & furry with not much meat! Like eating a rat!
Well all y'alls squirrel eaters, done come to Missourah (as Michael J. Fox pronounces us...had to go there ) an have some squirrel! I've got hundreds runnin' around as they like the Oaks. Y'all 'r' welcome to acorn-fed squirrel anytime, y'hear? (just cook it on your time at your place as I'd barf if I saw it).

Old 10-27-2006, 09:52 PM

I was going to have a big iceberg lettuce salad tonight....was thinking of the dressing...mixing olive oil and vinegar with black pepper and minced garlic...so..went to the fridge, pulled out the head of lettuce I bought a few days ago, washed it. Then cut it in half....
Dozens of little brown furry bugs even in the innermost compressed leaves... I couldn't get past it. They were all through the head of lettuce. I tossed it. I'm so disappointed...and...disgusted.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:55 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I was going to have a big iceberg lettuce salad tonight....was thinking of the dressing...mixing olive oil and vinegar with black pepper and minced garlic...so..went to the fridge, pulled out the head of lettuce I bought a few days ago, washed it. Then cut it in half....
Dozens of little brown furry bugs even in the innermost compressed leaves... I couldn't get past it. They were all through the head of lettuce. I tossed it. I'm so disappointed...and...disgusted.
Sorry about your salad, maybe you should have fried up a squirrel from your yard ha ha Can you buy Krispey Cream there???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink