U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 01:03 AM

14,790 posts, read 13,479,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Sorry, I have not adapted to PAPER THIN slices of meat.
no one cares.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 AM

5,413 posts, read 4,816,219 times
Quote:
And you still haven't read anything anyone has posted, have you? It's not a slice of ham (since my pastrami reference must not have sunk in) to toss between bread (let me guess....you only eat white breads as well?) ......it's a meat item that is most often used to flavor other foods.

You are just being stubborn and basking in you own ignorance at this point....but I do have to thank you for starting this thread. Several other posters have reminded me, or suggested new ways, of wonderful ways to use prosciutto.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:17 AM

1,380 posts, read 881,335 times
i haven't read all the post because they were too many, so sorry if i write something someone else has already written.
i'm italian, and italy is the country from witch Prosciutto come from (at least if you write it it this way). the prosciutto is the simplest "salume" (the "salumi" are a group of food made with pork meat and some flavors, that includes also mortadella, salami and so on.). there are different kind of prosciutto, the "prosciutto cotto" that in practice is similar to your ham
https://rsbackend.blob.core.windows....334a6b327d.jpg
and the "prosciutto crudo", that i think you call just prosciutto. the most famous prosciutti crudi are the "prosciutto di parma" and the "san daniele".
http://mangiarebuono.it/wp-content/u...utto-crudo.jpg
we are used to cut the prosciutto (both cotto and crudo) in really thin slices. we can eat them alone, as an "antipasto", or in a sandwich (in italy the simplest sandwiches just contain prosciutto cotto), or in a piadina romagnola
http://www.photoevolution.it/content..._crudo_001.jpg
i'm used to eat prosiutto with melon
http://www.italiankiwi.com/wp-conten...ne-outside.jpg
there are also more elaborate ways to cook prosciutto (both cotto or crudo), but we are not so used to them.

Edit: oh, that's true, you can also put prosciutto cotto on the pizza

Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 AM

15,087 posts, read 11,519,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Heh yeah obviously the OP hasn't ever priced a good quality smoke salmon. I've seen some places sell it for over $45/lb (I pay under $15/lb but my fishmonger is a closely guarded local secret).

Regarding prosciutto - as some folks have already stated, it's not really something you eat all by itself, on a plate or in a sandwich. My favorite way to eat it is a wafer-thin slice wrapped around a chunk of provolone cheese and stuffed into a hollowed-out cherry pepper. That's probably one of the most common ways to eat it, besides wrapped around a chunk of ripe cantaloupe.
Some of our artisanal cheeses are $56 a pound. Naturally, you only buy a few grams, but when you do...heaven.
Not to make macaroni and cheese with.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you haven't adapted to much of anything.
Every post you make is one of complaint, hostility or vitriol. Nothing good to say about anything at anytime.

I feel sorry for you. What a way to live.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:23 PM

21,465 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Every post you make is one of complaint, hostility or vitriol. Nothing good to say about anything at anytime.

My new favorite video seems appropriate here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI&feature=kp

Old 06-10-2014, 02:55 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,204,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

HUM, I doubt you have read even 10% of my 7000+ posts, DONK!

I think you have drawn an inaccurate conclusion about me......based on my few posts ripping into
overpriced, highly fru-fru porklami...that the Yupsters seems so gaga over.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
HUM, I doubt you have read even 10% of my 7000+ posts, DONK!

I think you have drawn an inaccurate conclusion about me......based on my few posts ripping into
overpriced, highly fru-fru porklami...that the Yupsters seems so gaga over.
Heh. Yet another derogatory post.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:58 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,018,437 times
Aw. Poor ticky is afraid of puppy dogs and intimidated by "fancy" ham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink