U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 04:31 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times

Advertisements

I feel like the process of eating lobster is pretty gross...digging the flesh out of the arthropod exoskeleton like it's a gigantic bug. And that's even excluding the tomalley.

I find lobster tasty enough, but it's kind of gross, messy, and not entirely worth the effort.

Deep fried foods tend to top my "simultaneously delicious and gross" list. I love the taste, but immediately thereafter get icked out and queasy due to the amount of grease. I also usually get acid reflux after eating fried foods, so even though I love them, it's usually not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 04:37 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,003,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
I meant more along the lines of foods you eat because you like them, but at times you hate them. Like maybe something has a wonderful flavor but the texture keeps you from enjoying it.

Another example for myself would be ice cream/frozen yogurt. I love it but will only eat it if it's loaded with toppings but I hate milk and if I can taste the milk I won't eat it.
That rings a bell with me.

I despise milk. More than despise. I vomit at the smell of milk. I hate milk with a passion.

But I love cottage cheese.

I can't stomach yogurt. I tried. I don't hate it, but I see no reason to eat it.

I eat ice cream almost every day. But it has to be chocolate, preferably with nuts. Vanilla ice cream is sickening, probably because it makes me think of milk.

I really, really hate milk. But cottage cheese...........lol. Salt and pepper, and even better with fresh picked tomatoes. OMG, I wish I had some right now.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,888,570 times
Quote:
I always thought menudo looked good, but I'm not interested in trying it.

I remember watching a show once on The Travel Channel. I think it was somewhere in South America. There was a woman who had an outdoor lunch stand set up in an area where there were a lot of workers. Her specialty was some sort of soup. I thought it looked delicious with its nice tomatoey looking base. Only it wasn't tomato but a bucket of pig blood. Had I not known it was pig blood I probably would have tried it if I had the chance. Though just knowing is absolutely stomach churning.
I've been eating menudo since I was 1. My grandmother made it spicy, too. I grew up on it so it doesn't bother me.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:49 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,519,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I despise milk. More than despise. I vomit at the smell of milk. I hate milk with a passion.

I can't stomach yogurt. I tried. I don't hate it, but I see no reason to eat it.

I eat ice cream almost every day. But it has to be chocolate, preferably with nuts. Vanilla ice cream is sickening, probably because it makes me think of milk.

I really, really hate milk. But cottage cheese...........lol. Salt and pepper, and even better with fresh picked tomatoes. OMG, I wish I had some right now.
I loathe milk AND cottage cheese.
Yoghurt reminds me of milk that's been sitting out in the sun for two days,

Old 05-23-2014, 04:55 PM

482 posts, read 428,278 times
Really pungent foods. Like some types of fresh mango, or durian, or stinky tofu, or munster cheese. I like the taste of all of these things, but sometimes I cannot get past the odor. And I certainly do not want any of them in my house, so I only eat them when I am out.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:11 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,205,303 times
Quote:

Love cottage cheese but i eat mine plain or with some sort of fruit; pineapple or fruit cocktail is best.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:17 PM

21,871 posts, read 12,747,135 times
Head cheese

Old 05-23-2014, 05:29 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,675,318 times
Probably deviled eggs. The smell and consistency are awful but they are delicious.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:34 PM

1,692 posts, read 842,478 times
Quote:

Me too! I haven't drank a glass of milk since I was about four-years-old. When I eat cereal I eat it dry. I don't eat yogurt (except frozen and loaded with toppings. No vanilla for me either!), I'll only eat cheese if it's hot and baked into something, never cold cheese. I don't like white salad dressings. No pudding. I'll probably get osteoporosis.

Quote:
strad:

Really pungent foods. Like some types of fresh mango, or durian, or stinky tofu, or munster cheese. I like the taste of all of these things, but sometimes I cannot get past the odor. And I certainly do not want any of them in my house, so I only eat them when I am out.
I really want to try durian.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:36 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,675,318 times
Quote:
Me too! I haven't drank a glass of milk since I was about four-years-old. When I eat cereal I eat it dry. I don't eat yogurt (except frozen and loaded with toppings. No vanilla for me either!), I'll only eat cheese if it's hot and baked into something, never cold cheese. I don't like white salad dressings. No pudding. I'll probably get osteoporosis.

I really want to dry durian.
I eat dry cereal too, just because the way milk makes me feel. Also I'm paranoid about the hormones that may be in there, I have enough of my own hormones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or