U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 AM

25,817 posts, read 49,712,454 times

Advertisements

Schnitzel... regular or with mushrooms... just the way Grandmother made for me on my Birthday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 AM

2,897 posts, read 7,858,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Curious to hear what you would choose..

Just had mine -- this is what I wanted -- and got--lucky me!

A half dozen baked oysters topped with crumbled bacon, spinach, and a garlic wine buttery sauce, along with crusty French bread and two glasses of Pinot Grigio...followed by a second 1/2 dozen baked oysters--all served outside, overlooking a pretty waterside vista with sailboats wandering by.

Am I a lucky cuss, or what?

Waht would be your favorite meal???

homemade sausage pizza, salad w/bleu cheese and Coke

Old 05-30-2014, 05:12 AM

30,325 posts, read 31,191,100 times
Filet Mignon with roasted potatoes and spinach.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:58 AM

8,874 posts, read 12,917,566 times
Anything I can order in a really nice restaurant where I don't have to pay the bill!

Happy Birthday!

Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 AM

9,351 posts, read 5,174,681 times
Only so much room in the stomach, so just a few bites of the following foods:

crab legs
pizza
steak
lasagna
calamari
fried chicken

and bacon. lots of bacon.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:54 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,512,941 times
Quote:

A half dozen baked oysters topped with crumbled bacon, spinach, and a garlic wine buttery sauce, along with crusty French bread and two glasses of Pinot Grigio...followed by a second 1/2 dozen baked oysters--all served outside, overlooking a pretty waterside vista with sailboats wandering by.

Oh, yes you are! Agree!

I would like my birthday dinner in that waterside vista setting you describe and I would be up for some serious spoiling here.

To start a large order to SHARE of garlicy shrimp scampi in a butter wine sauce and a small bucket of black mussels in that same kind of sauce...fresh crusty french bread for dipping. Then for the main course, a Petite Filet Mignon grilled and seasoned the way they do it at Lawry's; a three pound steamed Austrailian Lobster Tail (butter, please), baked potato with the works, or a classic risotto; a cold, cold crisp garden salad with all my favorite veggies. For dessert, Strawberry Shortcake or Key Lime Pie. Bring the Kir Royales when you bring the appetizer and keep 'em coming.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 AM

994 posts, read 1,198,480 times
My birthday is Monday!

I'm in a cut right now, so I won't be indulging on my birthday. But when I'd spend my birthdays with my family, my favorite meal would either be a cheesesteak with all the fixins (we're from PA) plus fries and onion rings OR anything my mom and dad make, as they are both fantastic chefs. Dessert was always a Wegman's fruit tart. If you live near a Wegman's and haven't tried their fruit tart, you don't know the heaven you've been missing.

I live in Denver at the moment. Since I like to try new things, especially regional dishes, my hypothetical perfect birthday dinner out here would be to finally give Rocky Mountain oysters a try.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:09 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
My perfect birthday dinner is what I am in the mood for that particular day.
I am not one to be able to plan too far ahead for meals, I do plan ahead the side dishes but the main course is a decision that is made right before preparation unless I'm making meatloaf for sandwiches.
Most of the time I will boil chicken breast or put chicken or beef in the slow cooker then decide what to do with it after it is done.
I do know today though that I am in the mood for sloppy joe so I'll get out a couple pounds of hamburger and get that started soon so we can have it for lunch today.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:17 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,782,759 times
Quote:

Sounds lovely

For my birthday, I always used to like having roast lamb with the usual veges including kumera.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,326,715 times
Had this year for dinner...

Steak Bons Bons (Beef tenderloin cubes seared on all sides over high heat in butter but left rare inside.) Potato Dauphinoise. Oven roasted balsamic brussel sprouts.

This is what the family makes me for dinner at home. If we go out, it's Asian or Greek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or