U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM

34,605 posts, read 42,768,368 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't knowingly eat anything from China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 04:50 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,659,818 times
No --
US needs jobs & farmers/fishermen etc need a decent price for what they produce
Chinese record on safety is abysmal
The fish & apple products thing tic'd me off and this is no different.
I resent that we are not given easily accessible knowledge to make choices

Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 PM

4,749 posts, read 6,154,695 times
It would just bother me to know that my chicken had traveled all the way to China and back AFTER IT WAS DEAD! Yuck.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:30 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,655,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
As previous responses and links have established, it is PROCESSED chicken and not the chickens that one normally buys in the grocery store.

I wonder about chicken stock - it is chicken processed to render a broth. My guess is that it would be not exempt from the exported-imported (USA-China) chicken processing ban that has been lifted.
I think people who eat overprocessed chicken don't really have much call to be picky about where their overprocessed food is coming from. I mean - they're eating "chicken nuggets" for crying out loud. Chickens don't have nuggets as parts. It's ground up chicken-gizzards and beaks and who knows what else, plus maybe a few pinches of white meat so they don't get in trouble with the truth in advertising laws - covered with old corn oil, dunked in breadcrumbs made from stale cast-offs of some commercial bread-making facility, with artificial flavors, colors, and plenty of sodium so you can't taste how horrible this stuff really is.

Do you really think where the meat comes from, should even be a blip on their priority radar?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:09 PM

3,596 posts, read 3,578,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
No --
US needs jobs & farmers/fishermen etc need a decent price for what they produce
Chinese record on safety is abysmal
The fish & apple products thing tic'd me off and this is no different.
I resent that we are not given easily accessible knowledge to make choices
It is amazing how many people want clear food labeling yet when it comes time to vote on whether or not labeling for something like GMOs should be mandatory people Vote against their own interests. Makes no sense at all.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,226,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
It is amazing how many people want clear food labeling yet when it comes time to vote on whether or not labeling for something like GMOs should be mandatory people Vote against their own interests. Makes no sense at all.
What's your source for that claim? Not saying it isn't true, but I tend to think it's not.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:14 PM

5,148 posts, read 3,611,020 times
If it was from a reputable company (equivalent quality to US processed chicken) yes. But I prefer US processed chicken.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:12 AM

69,344 posts, read 79,526,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
well I don't either, but my guess, as I have said before, we eat a lot more "made in China" foods when we dine out than we think we do.

I bought some frog legs a few weeks ago, checked closely and they were processed in a fish company in Jacksonville, fl. Dumb me, I didn't read all the info. I was about to fix a few last night: guess what; in small print: product from China. I am so pissed. I don't know what to do. I am torn between throwing them out and just cooking them anyway.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 AM

13,714 posts, read 22,848,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I bought some frog legs a few weeks ago, checked closely and they were processed in a fish company in Jacksonville, fl. Dumb me, I didn't read all the info. I was about to fix a few last night: guess what; in small print: product from China. I am so pissed. I don't know what to do. I am torn between throwing them out and just cooking them anyway.
Frog legs and whole rabbits are usually items imported from China.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:57 AM

8,613 posts, read 7,820,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thank you, gentle, I hope you can hear my applause frm there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or