Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 PM

607 posts, read 1,388,914 times

Advertisements

Since it's that time of year.....Deviled eggs & potato salad--Yea, that's what I want to see sitting out in 85 degree weather. Gag!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 09:29 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,585,217 times
Thai food, never really got the appeal.

Also I like Italian food, but I don't get how much people seem to go crazy over it even when it's mediocre by the standards of the genre.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,449,835 times
Mine is lasagna. I've never had a good batch of lasagna. In fact, the first time I ate it I recall biting into a crunchy shell that made me gag. Perhaps that has scarred me for life because anytime I've ate it since I get wigged out and don't enjoy it. I'm not a picky eater or anything, so I chalk my dislike for lasagna up to just not having real lasagna yet. I remember hating cheesecake the first time, but then I threw down at the Cheesecake Factory once and now I like it just fine.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 PM

551 posts, read 579,342 times
I agree with the avocado/guacamole comment, the texture is overall very gross to me.

Spaghetti/Lasagna, mainly the sauce- I don't like tomato-y byproducts except ketchup
Beer -the smell reminds me of cat pi5s, every time I've tried to drink it I just gag
Pie -the crust, anyway.. again the texture is icky
French fries -unless they are "real" -like home made, baked ones
Chili dogs -too much going on
Coffee- too bitter, no amount of sweetener helps
Gatorade

I also dislike most vegetables, but since many others do too not really relevant to this post.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:25 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,030,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What are some foods that a lot of people seem to like but you don't?
Yogurt, milk, ice cream.

Breakfast cereal, pancakes, waffles.

Donuts, cake, fudge, peanut brittle, taffy, cupcakes, pie.

Pork chops, BBQ, lamb, rotisserie chicken.

Shrimp, lobster, oysters.

Anything from Taco Bell.

Avocados not in guacamole.

Number one thing I hate that everyone else seems to love is RANCH DRESSING. Yuck.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:42 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,449,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post

Number one thing I hate that everyone else seems to love is RANCH DRESSING. Yuck.
Good one. I won't touch Ranch Dressing with a 10-foot pole. It's gross, contains MSG, and I hate salad dressing because it interferes with the taste of fresh vegetables in my salad. People will think they're eating right when they mix in a salad. It kind of defeats the purpose if you just douse the salad in ranch.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:44 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,213,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Mine is lasagna. I've never had a good batch of lasagna. In fact, the first time I ate it I recall biting into a crunchy shell that made me gag. Perhaps that has scarred me for life because anytime I've ate it since I get wigged out and don't enjoy it. I'm not a picky eater or anything, so I chalk my dislike for lasagna up to just not having real lasagna yet. I remember hating cheesecake the first time, but then I threw down at the Cheesecake Factory once and now I like it just fine.
You never had good lasagna..It should never be crunchy but soft and loaded with ricotta cheese with no meat..or anything else (except the gravy)

And cheesecake rules!

Old 06-07-2014, 10:55 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,487,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post

I forgot about ranch dressing. I don't like it and I always thought it was overrated. Heck, I'm NOT a picky eater. I have tried many things that would make most folks barf.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,585,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
My mom and grandma have made some abominable lasagna in their day, I feel your pain. I think it's a go-to dish for people who need to feed several people but can't cook to save their life.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:33 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,818,595 times
Sushi
Fish
Crabs
Lobster

See a pattern? lol

I also do not like beer or wine. Not sure if it's a genetic thing, but alcohol tastes nasty to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink