U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:56 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,562,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
when Artisan Cheese is outlawed;
only Outlaws will have artisan cheese

or coming soon:

Bathtub Gin & Cheese
You can always smuggle in Quebec cheese under cover of darkness. It's damn good cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM

1,955 posts, read 2,890,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
That's why I said a local farmer, one you can develop a relationship of trust. One who will invite you to visit the farm. I have a half chicken in the oven right now that is pasture-raised. They lay around in the sun, peck insects out of cow patties, they do things chickens do. The cows are robust and healthy looking, and wear the cutest black and white striped fly masks. They come to the milking parlor when they hear their name called, not with cattle prods and whips.

IF you're lucky enough to be near farm country, it's worth it to know you done your part to buy your food locally and it is organically raised.
I'm not sure I like the idea of eating chickens that peck their food out of cow crap.

I would never buy organic dairy products. Cows can get sick anywhere. It happens. Non-organic dairy farms can treat sick cows with medication, organic dairy farms can't. So they either send the sick cow to slaughter or leave them to suffer untreated until they either die or get better on their own. It's a cruel practice, IMHO.

BTW, cows don't come to the milking parlor under duress at normal dairy farms either. It's painful for them to go too long without being milked. They WANT to be milked.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:15 PM

1,210 posts, read 857,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You can always smuggle in Quebec cheese under cover of darkness. It's damn good cheese.
That's just Smugglers Blues, where Canada will be the new South America. They say Scarface drove alcohol over the frozen Great Lakes during Prohibition.

I see it now, tasty little wheels of cheese, aged on wooden boards, strapped to the underside of stolen schoolbuses, being smuggled across the border from Canada. Bush was a FOOL to built that wall between California and Mexico - the danger was from the NORTH!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 PM

5,862 posts, read 6,051,251 times
Quote:
That's just Smugglers Blues, where Canada will be the new South America. They say Scarface drove alcohol over the frozen Great Lakes during Prohibition.

I see it now, tasty little wheels of cheese, aged on wooden boards, strapped to the underside of stolen schoolbuses, being smuggled across the border from Canada. Bush was a FOOL to built that wall between California and Mexico - the danger was from the NORTH!
I can see it now on an episode of Pawn Stars.

Rick: What do we have here.

Customer: I have a wheel of Canadian Cheddar Cheese.

Rick: How much are you trying to get for it.

Customer: I would like $500.

Rick: When it comes to Canadian Cheddar Cheese there are a lot fakes out there. Before I can make an offer I need to have someone sample it. I know this guy that knows everything there is to know about cheese.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:

...and with the price averaging about $56 a kilo, can you imagine what the markup will be after the smugglers get paid?
Fromage will be the new currency. You'll need financial advisors.
"Should I invest in Cendrillon, the creamy award-winning goat cheese covered in ash, or OKA, the nutty sybaritic delight made by Trappist monks?'

Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
I can see it now on an episode of Pawn Stars.

Rick: What do we have here.

Customer: I have a wheel of Canadian Cheddar Cheese.

Rick: How much are you trying to get for it.

Customer: I would like $500.

Rick: When it comes to Canadian Cheddar Cheese there are a lot fakes out there. Before I can make an offer I need to have someone sample it. I know this guy that knows everything there is to know about cheese.
Good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink