U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 PM

3,613 posts, read 3,604,152 times

Advertisements

All the diet garbage crap has been making America fatter and unhealthier now than ever before. Anyone see the Time issue this past week?
Fat Is Good for You - TIME

For years faulty science has told us fats were 'bad'. As a result, food markers have been putting more sugar into everything, and I wouldn't be surprised to find in 40 years enough compiled biomedical research that shows carbohydrates are in fact more damaging to your health than fat.

Yes to whole milk. Yes to full fat yogurt. Yes to red meat. Yes to butter.
No to skim milk. No to sugar laden fat free yogurt. No to margarine. No to everything fat free.

Nature made foods with fat. I will continue to consume less adulterated food in their full fat forms over processed terrible tasting junk food with the fats artificially taken out. Why anyone would pay money for chalk dissolved in water aka skim milk or horrible tasting fat free yogurts is beyond me. You can get infinitely better tasting food with fats that may in fact be healthier overall for you because they are less adultered and consuming fats even helps you absorb b
Non water soluble vitamins from you food more effectively.

Last edited by fibonacci; 06-17-2014 at 12:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 PM

42,360 posts, read 50,095,752 times
Water

Old 06-18-2014, 03:43 AM

3,043 posts, read 6,332,268 times
Mostly not and I think you are more satisfied if you have a smaller amount of the regular. I do think light cream cheese tastes fine but fat free tastes horrible. So if you want to cut down why not do the less fat or just a smaller amount of the richer food if you can eat in moderation.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:56 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,735,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The 100 calorie Greek yogurts made by Yoplait are pretty good.

Big Red Zero tastes just like Big Red (a regionally popular soda).

Sugar free gummy bears taste just like the real thing, although you can only eat a small amount.

Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels, when you really need to lose weight.
I don't know - to me the Yoplait Greek yogurts taste like they are full of sugar. Activia Greek is 0% fat and it has a nice, creamy consistency. I don't know what the Light version tastes like, but I imagine that it's not too bad.

If the reviews are any indication of what really happens after consuming the sugar-free Gummy Bears, I think I will pass.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-B.../dp/B000EVQWKC

Old 06-18-2014, 05:54 PM

10,888 posts, read 19,064,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I don't know - to me the Yoplait Greek yogurts taste like they are full of sugar. Activia Greek is 0% fat and it has a nice, creamy consistency. I don't know what the Light version tastes like, but I imagine that it's not too bad.

If the reviews are any indication of what really happens after consuming the sugar-free Gummy Bears, I think I will pass.

Amazon.com : Haribo Gummi Bears Sugar Free 5lb Bag : Sugar Free Gummy Bears : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I've seen those reviews. But I used to buy a bag of candy and end up eating the whole thing in a day, which is one of the worst habits a person can have. I can buy a bag of sugar-free gummies and have it last more than a week, having a gummy bear or two a day. I know if I eat the whole bag, it will punish my stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or