U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:11 PM

5,164 posts, read 2,994,994 times

Advertisements

It's been so long I can't remember. Not that I wouldn't want to do it at least once a week!

It was probably one of those snack-sized dill pickle potato chips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:17 PM

5,678 posts, read 2,789,322 times
It's been at least a year, but Frito Lay temporarily brought back their Taco-Flavored Doritos and nostalgia overruled all reason in my mind. They're so so good!

They discontinued them again, which is probably for the best, but I'm hoping they're doing like McDonalds does with their McRib--bring it back occasionally just to build some buzz, then retire it for a while, then bring it back just to keep folks like me coming back for more.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,426,587 times
Never. I don't waste money on crap like potato chips...which is probably why I still wear the same size pants as I wore when I started High School more than 40 years ago ;-)

Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 PM

16,933 posts, read 19,672,707 times
2 days ago I bought a bag of Cape cod reduced fat kettle chips. I ate half the bag one day and the other half yesterday . I dipped the chips in buffalo ranch dressing. I enjoyed it but this won't help my weight loss.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,225,873 times
Kettle Chips, the brand, is from Salem, Oregon. That's the original. The others that call theirs "kettle chips" or "kettle style chips" or whatever, are imitating the real thing that only comes from one company.

Last full bag of chips I ate was Kettle Chips with sea salt and vinegar.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:45 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,481,629 times
Small size bag (25grams) of Walkers Smokey Bacon crisps from the UK. We have a limited supply from our last visit there and we are down to the Roast Chicken and Smokey Bacon flavours which are sooooo yummy.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 AM

6,219 posts, read 7,398,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I was going to tell you about Lay's Old-Fashioned BBQ chips -- they are the SAME! GREAT! TASTE! that we remember from childhood -- but, with some research, I sadly discovered that they're only available in Canada. Cross the border and they're yours for the taking.

I agree about the Herr's Honey Barbecue -- that's what I ate when I lived in the States. Yum!

Oh, and to answer the OP's question: Yes. Yes, I can. Even the FAMILY-SIZED bag of Lay's Old Fashioned BBQ is no match for little ol' me... in one sitting. (I'm an over-achiever. )
Now how funny would that be: I'm crossing the border and the guard asks me the purpose of my trip to Canada and I say, "Potato Chips"?

They'd put me in prison just for stupid.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:06 AM

16,222 posts, read 25,416,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Now how funny would that be: I'm crossing the border and the guard asks me the purpose of my trip to Canada and I say, "Potato Chips"?

They'd put me in prison just for stupid.
Hahaha! When I was a teen, my friends and I would road-trip to Plattsburgh (NY) to get "the good snacks" that were only available in the U.S. Among them were great chips! When we crossed the border to come home, I was always sweating bullets. Why? It's not like we were smuggling drugs; I had just bought a dozen bags of potato chips! Maybe that's why I was sweating -- because it's so ridiculous!?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:21 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,398,023 times
It was a long time ago when I went to Canada with my brother and two children - one his, one mine. When we got to the border crossing, the guard asked the purpose of our visit to Canada and we told him vacation. At the time, I was a heavy smoker and I was afraid he was going to search our luggage and find the carton of smokes I had packed for the trip! Hey, what did I know?

One of my sons was a roadie for a band and they had a gig in Canada. No problem going in, but coming out, they stopped the truck, made him unload every piece of equipment, searched, and made him re-load. He was not happy. Of course, they found nothing but amps, wires, gaffer's tape - the usual roadie crap. And a couple of bags of - wait for it - chips to eat on the way home!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM

13,486 posts, read 29,434,352 times
I go through some Baked Ruffles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or