Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautiousmom View Post
I confess I'm a canned frosting eater too. C.Rose we need and intervention or perhaps Betty Ford will have us....somewhere in the back....so we don't contaminate the others...with our filth. In all seriousness, it's about having fun with cooking. I cook from scratch constantly. I've made Croquembouche with that spun sugar, kitchen and clothes destroying step at the end. I've made mole poblano de guajolote which took me two days to find all of the ingredients, six hours to put together, and three days of waiting until the flavors in the mole melded before eating. I've stirred custard for tiramisu until my arm threatened fall off. But sometimes I CHOSE not to cook from scratch and it's ok if YOU CHOSE to always cook from scratch because it's all good.
WHOA . I dont want to be interventioned. I like being a sugar junkie. This is the only fun I get.

Besides I think youve mistaken me for one of them thar gor mets. I do cook from scratch but its plain simple food. I have never cooked a mole. Now my Gram has cooked a squirrel. But I didnt eat it.

But now deserts. Id be willing to try some of that kitchen destroying stuff. Got any left.

This will make your teeth hurt. But its good..

Paul Neuman Cake

German chocolate cake mix
1 can Eagle Brand
16 oz butterscotch carmel ice cream topping
8 oz Coolwhip
5 Heath bars

Bake cake in 13x9 pan and let cool.
Poke holes in cake. Pour Eagle brand over cake. Then pour on the ice cream toping. Spread with Coolwhip. garnish wih crumbled Heath bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 12:12 AM

60 posts, read 246,566 times
C.Rose you make me laugh! I like your recipe it sounds great! The next time I make the spun sugar, kitchen and clothes destroyer dessert you are invited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink