Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
and as we all know WF is THE place to shop if you want to appear with it. Pure status seeking...like the girl in high school wearing the uncomfortable shoes but they are THE shoes popular girls wear so she will suffer all day for the perception of her coolness.

What an ignorant statement. Many people have many different motivations to go there. That's more an indication of your own psychology. Yes, your words just treacherously betrayed your issues!

I'm not a Wholefoods shopper, but the couple of times I've been there the range of items available blows every other store around here out of the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 02:48 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you pay attention I bet you will find the same people who shop at Whole Foods are the ones who turn their noses down at those who, for whatever reason shop at WalMart. Whether you realize it or not, it works both ways. I am in the middle, but there is nothing that bugs me more than those who think they are above WalMart putting WalMart shoppers and WalMart down. Don't you agree, it works both ways?
I don't agree with that. Most of the people I know who shop at WF don't care where other people shop. I don't shop there because I HATE their produce and meats, it's dirty and smelly, and customer service is non-existent at best. But if someone else wants to shop there, more power to them.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:51 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,728,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't agree with that. Most of the people I know who shop at WF don't care where other people shop. I don't shop there because I HATE their produce and meats, it's dirty and smelly, and customer service is non-existent at best. But if someone else wants to shop there, more power to them.
I shop at Whole Foods and Walmart, I guess I make fun and look down at myself for it.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,566 times
Yeah, what a gross and inaccurate assumption about the kinds of people who shop in Wholefoods.

Everyone I know who shops there is far from judgmental and would not hesitate to go to Walmart if Walmart had what they needed.

I've had conversations in the store with all sorts. I had a chat with a teen about of an age to just be leaving home and having to shop for themselves when they asked me about all the different types of milk available, what all the labels meant & why the disparity in prices. When all was said and done and I continued getting what I needed (cream & yogurt) she walked up and down the aisle then picked a carton of unhomogenized milk (the old fashioned kind that gets cream on top when it sits) from organic free roaming pastured cows from a local farm.

I've chatted with couples and elderly people in there for the first time, helping them find the best values and deals, handed off big dollar saving coupons to moms with several kids clamoring around their cart. It's not uncommon to have shoppers strike up a conversation with me when I'm getting produce or stocking up in the bulk section.

Honestly, it's almost weird how many people talk to me there and ask questions compared to anywhere else I shop and they're all just ordinary, every day people.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM

22,313 posts, read 29,395,806 times
I think I can live with the .12 cents I've been missing..

Old 06-27-2014, 06:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
you pretty much proved my point: no, walmarts are not dirty and smelly; I would not buy their meats because I really strive for the best quality in meats I can find at a price I can afford, and WalMart isn't the place, but you are putting the stores down, thus putting down the people who shop there. You are saying I am just a little better. Actually their customer service can be really good. They do not always have a lot of people to help you, but try going to the customer service desk and you will be surprised how helpful they can be.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I shop at Whole Foods and Walmart, I guess I make fun and look down at myself for it.
and I am like you: I do not shop often at WalMart nor Fresh Market; We are just getting our first Whole foods in the next couple of months, and a smart shopper is open to both. There are times one is better, times the other works. People need to stop thinking their way is the only right way. Anyone here, who says they shop at one or the other and don't thing they judge the other side, need to read some of the responses about say, WalMart shopping which have appeared here. I am appalled at some people statements about the stores and those who shop there.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:02 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you pretty much proved my point: no, walmarts are not dirty and smelly; I would not buy their meats because I really strive for the best quality in meats I can find at a price I can afford, and WalMart isn't the place, but you are putting the stores down, thus putting down the people who shop there. You are saying I am just a little better. Actually their customer service can be really good. They do not always have a lot of people to help you, but try going to the customer service desk and you will be surprised how helpful they can be.
I explained MY reasons for not going to WalMart. I'm not judging anyone who shops there. If anyone wants to go there, that is fully their right. I said NOTHING of their customers. I don't think I'm better than WalMart shoppers. You're putting words in my mouth. And unless you shop at the WalMarts in my community, you can't possibly know what my experience is.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:29 AM

17 posts, read 21,098 times
I personally don't shop at Whole Foods since they don't cater to my needs as a Paleo eater. You can buy millions of low-fat sugar-laden garbage but try getting them to stock real healthy food like lard. They won't do it. Meanwhile Americans keep falling for these lies that fat is bad and they keep getting fatter.

A true "health foods" store would have only the following items in it:

Meat
Animal fats (such as lard, butter, or even beef tallow)
Eggs
Vegetables
Coconut oil

No grains, no sugar-containing foods (including fruit), no dairy (except butter), and no nuts (since they are highly inflammatory).

Old 06-28-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I explained MY reasons for not going to WalMart. I'm not judging anyone who shops there. If anyone wants to go there, that is fully their right. I said NOTHING of their customers. I don't think I'm better than WalMart shoppers. You're putting words in my mouth. And unless you shop at the WalMarts in my community, you can't possibly know what my experience is.
I have been in WalMarts all over the country and in Mexico; I have never been in one that smelled: I have seen a few that have stuff piled in the aisles and are messy, but, to me, there is a huge difference between dirty, smelly and cluttered. Even the only one I have been when cruising the Mexican Riv wasn't dirty. We had to get sun screen and it was cheaper than on the ship. The same in RI when we had been on a ship. I don't remember what we needed but we did pop into one. It was close enough to the port to walk/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink