U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:05 PM

4,342 posts, read 2,609,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
In my experiences at McDonald's recently, the major issue is that line is SOOO EXCRUCITINGLY SLOOOOOOOW. Somebody orders one of those coffee drinks and you will be there 5+ minutes
Years back, Starbucks got slammed since people had to wait so long for drinks. Corporate responded saying they were sorry, but with the hot weather, more people ordered Frappuccino's, causing extra time due to all that blending and mixing.

I had a business professor tell a story how when McDonalds had that "your lunch in __ seconds or its free" promo to try to get more of the lunch rush back in the fold. They often could get it in by that time, but end up forgetting to hand it off. He would then say "it's after 2 minutes (or whatever)", they'd just stare at home, and then mutter something, realizing yeah, he does get it for free, and some vouchers for next time. Every time he looked at his watch on following visits, the employees would go into a panic and double time to get the food handed to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 PM

1,107 posts, read 977,821 times
I go to McDonalds for a couple of Egg McMuffins once every 2 years and hit up Taco Bell 4 times a year whenever I want a lot of food for little money. I like their XXL nachos and baja blast mountain dew. It's one of the only filling fast food meals out there for those with a large appetite like me. I haven't been to KFC in probably 8 years. I get my fried chicken fix either by Pizza Ranch or Popeyes spicy chicken. There are simply so many other fast-food restaurants and local places that serve up cheap, better-tasting food that there's no reason to ever set foot in the McDs, Taco Bell, or KFC unless it's a matter of convenience. I'd rather go to Pizza Ranch, Popeyes, Culver's, Taco John's, Jason's Deli, Wendy's, HuHot, Abelardos, or Jimmy John's, not to mention a plethora of local restaurants. I can eat at all of those for under $10 and get a lot of better-tasting food.

Due to a recent change in diet, I usually try to stay away from fast food (though I've been eating it a lot this week due to a hectic work schedule), and I think fast food was always intended to be a special treat rather than an everyday type of thing. I can't imagine people craving McDs, Taco Bell, or KFC when they can get something better as a special treat, but to each their own.

Last edited by maniac77; 07-03-2014 at 05:53 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 PM

11,258 posts, read 5,755,032 times
kfc is really really overrated. i tried the chicken and it's just one step above the chicken that you can get at a supermarket. taco bell is flavorless, i prefer to go local for tacos

Old 07-03-2014, 06:34 PM

3,822 posts, read 2,372,733 times
I have gone to McDonalds a couple of times recently; the wife likes their coffees and deserts. I haven't been to Taco Bell in probably 10 years, and since I discovered Chipolte, the chances of me returning are slim and none. The place I have refused to step foot in anymore is Burger King. I had one too many bad meals there, and there were a few times that the wife and I went there and they were out of whatever we ordered (like a sundae, or tea, it was always something). Now, we refuse to go to BK, and will go anywhere else.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 PM

2,207 posts, read 3,013,352 times
Taco Bell is one of those places I forget about. I'll eat from there if someone I know is already going there, but I don't think to go there on my own. They seem to be in areas I don't frequent often, or have several options already.

I had a Pizza Hut personal Pan Pizza for the first time in a few months. I normally love those, but today, it was just extra greasy and bland. One of my local supermarkets makes their own pizzas, and they give you quarter slices (i.e. The equivalent of two regular slices of large pizza). I've gone back for those... .

I went to McDonald's for lunch. The nuggets tasted bland.

Inasmuch as I like Wendy's nuggets, I got sick the last time I went.

Recently, I went to Dunkin Donuts and noticed their cookies "shrunk."

This is what happens when I stay away from fast food for a while, and return on a whim... .

Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM

11,408 posts, read 13,955,986 times
MCD's and Taco Bell once in a while, for me. But, I love KFC and fried chicken, so at least once a month for me!

Old 07-05-2014, 05:16 AM

20,208 posts, read 28,247,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I haven't eaten at any of these (or Burger King, Carl's, Wendys, Arbys, etc.) in 15-20 years. Cheap and disgusting food! They even serve it to you in garbage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
How would YOU know if you have not been there for 15-20 years???
The evidence is pretty compelling if one has any common sense.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:05 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Around here KFC and Taco Bell are the same franchise and are in the same building. We like that since my wife likes extra crispy wings and a biscuit. While getting her order I can get my three soft shell taco in the same order.
We got the same deal here in Montreal although due to linguistic laws there is no KFC logo but instead its PFK (Poulet-Frit-Kentucky)

http://storage.cybersoleil.com/v1/dy...=1334379524854

Last edited by jambo101; 07-05-2014 at 07:15 AM..

Old 07-05-2014, 01:11 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,019,755 times
I like McDonalds for breakfast items, a nutritionist told me an Egg Mcmuffin is a decent breakfast (no hashbrowns).

As I live by 'real mexican' food I rarelt eat Taco Bell.

As for fried chicken, there are better local options than KFC. A recent new chain is Pollo Campanos that has a South American slant, pretty good.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:41 PM

5,655 posts, read 5,463,126 times
I'm generally against fast food, but there's a time and place. When one drives the length of the PA Turnpike as often as I do, one may really come to appreciate seeing a Wendy's sign at the exit once in awhile. It's the only fast food place I find relatively decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or