U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 AM

9,152 posts, read 6,332,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Thanks for the Pic. It's about what I expected only I also expected some type of 'imitation' meat like 'imitation' crabmeat.

Gonna give this one a pass. I really do not like Subway anymore.
I'd bet anything that "lobster" is surimi- if they sold it as crab, it'd be spelled "krab".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 12:32 PM

13,148 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I don't think it's real lobster. I had one many moons ago and it went down and didn't stay down. Never again.
Now you've really got me convinced. Plus, the idea of fake crab meat or lobster meat is not too appetizing anyway. I don't like fake things: fake pearls, fake boobs, fake nails, but the worst of all is fake food. What is it, really? I shudder to think about it Subway doesn't have much going for it. You're paying a lot of $$$ for bread, and it's not very filling, IMO.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,608,567 times
Surely no one expected it to be like the advertisement. I bet it tastes all right if a person isn't just searching for a reason to gripe.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:53 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,600,981 times
That review made my stomach growl, but jambo's pic made it stop. ICK!

Old 07-06-2014, 01:15 PM

33,139 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Should have doubled or tripled the meat

What was the cost for a foot long?
Cost for the 12 inch was $14, I realize for that price i could have gone to the local super market across the street bought two whole lobsters and a 12 inch roll and easily made a superior product and boiled the carcasses down for the base of a seafood chowder tomorrow.
Granted i didnt expect the product to be like the advertizing photos but what i got wasnt even close/Total deception..
That said i do believe what little lobster there was in the sandwich was real lobster and it didnt taste bad.
IMO the only thing Subway sells that aint bad is their vegetarian sub.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:21 PM

16,935 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OK i went out and bought one for lunch today, here it is.... What a joke, looks so unlike the promotion pics of the product(post 1)i'd actually call it fraud..
What little lobster that was in it tasted ok but what i got isnt whats being advertized..
Wont get fooled again..
Nasty letter sent to Subway..

I work at a subway. I know this fake lobster sub is not available in NY. I wouldn't try it anyway. Anyway your sandwich that you got looks awful. My subs when I make them do not look like that. Mine look appetizing and that's why the same customers keep coming back to my store. My bread looks better too

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,194,122 times
Not worth the money, most fast food isn't.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 PM

4,946 posts, read 4,338,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Surely no one expected it to be like the advertisement. I bet it tastes all right if a person isn't just searching for a reason to gripe.
Here's the thing - when you (the consumer) purchase items, shouldn't the consumer expect the product that is advertised. I have a real problem with false advertising in the food industry. Just last month, I watched a news video (not sure if it was from CNN or NPR), where the author addressed advertisement representations in fast food - what he did was present the proprietor with a picture of the food as advertised and requested that the food be prepared as it was advertised. The restaurant complied.

I will not be visiting Subway anytime for the Lobster sandwich. Thanks for the heads-up!

---
If anyone has viewed this video, please post a link. Thanks!

Last edited by Naturen; 07-06-2014 at 02:50 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 02:45 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OK i went out and bought one for lunch today, here it is.... What a joke, looks so unlike the promotion pics of the product(post 1)i'd actually call it fraud..
What little lobster that was in it tasted ok but what i got isnt whats being advertized..
Wont get fooled again..
Nasty letter sent to Subway..
Food promotion are never like the real product in the shop and never have been.
I can't believe you would think that a fast food sandwich shop like Subway would have real lobster and give you plenty of it on a sandwich.

By the way it is not fraud, if you read the teeny tiny fine print of every commercial it will tell you that
"The actual product in the store may not reflect what you see in the commercial", or some wording like that. It is their zero fraud liability legal out telling you that you cannot sue them for false advertisement or fraud.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:49 PM

4,946 posts, read 4,338,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Food promotion are never like the real product in the shop and never have been.
I can't believe you would think that a fast food sandwich shop like Subway would have real lobster and give you plenty of it on a sandwich.

By the way it is not fraud, if you read the teeny tiny fine print of every commercial it will tell you that
"The actual product in the store may not reflect what you see in the commercial", or some wording like that. It is their zero fraud liability legal out telling you that you cannot sue them for false advertisement or fraud.
Really! Well that explains why their practices have not changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink