Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It sounds like gas station sushi.
I won't even order lobster at a real restaurant unless I know the lobsters are alive in a tank. I don't think even places like Red Lobster have fresh lobster.
If they have been out of the sea for more than a few days they are already changing in flavor as they are eating their own fat rather than eating as they would naturally. Imagine 100% lean beef...yuck.

If you have ever been up in the NE, ME or MA specifically, and been to a lobster pound you know the taste of fresh lobster. Many I visited when up there boil the lobster and any other items you order in salt water right off the docks. Unless lobster is flying off the shelf, lobster in seafood restaurant tanks aren't fresh, believe me. They are handcuffed and merely alive.
The big ones don't really taste good either; I like them between 1-1.5 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
We have a local place that sells lobster rolls, they are tasty but expensive. The family that owns it is from Maine or nearby. I mean they must right, because they all wear Red Sox hats.

Anyhow I wouldn't eat 'fast food' lobster because I expect it to be lobbster or crabb like they sell prepackaged in grocers. (some fish blend with tilapia or cod).

Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
That "ish" would just **** me off! If you live near a Luke's Lobster, you have to hit them up!

Luke's Lobster - Fresh Maine lobster, crab & shrimp rolls

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Ours does.
So does mine. Haven't been to red lobster in awhile. It's not bad for what it is.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Now you've really got me convinced. Plus, the idea of fake crab meat or lobster meat is not too appetizing anyway. I don't like fake things: fake pearls, fake boobs, fake nails, but the worst of all is fake food. What is it, really? I shudder to think about it Subway doesn't have much going for it. You're paying a lot of $$$ for bread, and it's not very filling, IMO.
Well, it's really not "fake food;" imitation crab, etc. is just fish, usually. It's not crab, etc., but it is seafood.

Not that I eat seafood, myself.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
So does mine. Haven't been to red lobster in awhile. It's not bad for what it is.
Red Lobster is another place with great photographs of their food, A few years ago they had something called 30 shrimp any way you like, what came to the table on a plate the size of a teacup saucer .was 30 shrimp that were so small i would have called them krill.
Their lobsters are also a special breed of midgets and in no way live up to expectations one derives from their advertizing pics.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Up date.
What you get from Subway for $14=
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps09e5564a.jpg

What you get for $12 if you go buy 2 lobsters and do it yourself.=
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psb6e720f0.jpg

The extra $2 went toward that $8 bottle of wine..

Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
OK, I tried the Subway lobster special.

You really don't get much lobster meat... you get the same amount of meat as you get when you order the chopped beef.

Now, I've eaten lobster rolls, excellent ones (Ozzie's in St. George, New Brunswick, makes the world's best!). The problem with trying to turn a Subway sandwich into a lobster roll is complicated... too much bread, too little lobster, and you're left with lettuce, mayo and salt and pepper to try to make a lobster roll.

It doesn't work well. It isn't like a standard Subway sandwich, where you can add cheese and peppers and such to load it up. It doesn't even stack up well to the McLobster... which is like an appetizer compared to a decent lobster roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink