Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,386 times

Advertisements

Cooks great but the lid is a pain. If it gets bumped while storing it lodges in place and becomes very very difficult to open. Response from customer service was to bang on it left and right for a minute then if that didn't work to turn it upside down and repeat; are you kidding me... Anyway, ended up using a rubber mallet to tap left then right to finally get the lid to release. If I had it to do over I would have bought the twin to the cooker at Walmart for 50 bucks less.

We lost our Nutritionist in a move and thought I could replace it with this wonderful piece of tin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 12:37 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry580 View Post
Cooks great but the lid is a pain. If it gets bumped while storing it lodges in place and becomes very very difficult to open. Response from customer service was to bang on it left and right for a minute then if that didn't work to turn it upside down and repeat; are you kidding me... Anyway, ended up using a rubber mallet to tap left then right to finally get the lid to release. If I had it to do over I would have bought the twin to the cooker at Walmart for 50 bucks less.

We lost our Nutritionist in a move and thought I could replace it with this wonderful piece of tin.
Wow, I have never had my lid stick, but then I do not lock it in place but store with the lid flipped upside down so it is not sealed up (I suppose I am of the theory that letting something "breath" vs being sealed up in storage is better)....I store everything that has a "tight seal" that way...Tupperware, baking covers, bowls, cookers.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,257 times
I don't know how to adjust times for foods not in the recipe book?

Last edited by pjr600; 11-11-2014 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 11-12-2014, 12:57 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr600 View Post
I "Google" recipes all the time for whatever I wanted to cook, add the words electric pressure cooker recipe and just use the info there. LOTS of them out there, free for the search.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:50 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,754,096 times
The commercials show these being used for canning also...has anyone tried it yet?

Old 12-11-2014, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,159 times
Can someone tell me how much water i can put for make a white rice?? like for a 3 cups of white rice..??

Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
I looked at the ads for that power pressure cooker but wasn't able to determine where it was made.

Last year I bought the Kuhn Rikon Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker made in Switzerland and we just love it, especially trusting their long history of producing a quality product. There are many safety features on their products so even I couldn't hurt myself durning my learning period. The materials used are superior quality resulting in a cooker that heats very quickly so start a little slowly when browning your food. I do believe my pressure cooker is so well made that it would survive a California earth quake!

Rice to water ratio:

white long grain rice and basmati = 1 c. rice use 1.5 c. water for 5 minutes at 8psi.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,112 times
guys try shopping at gettington and checking for free shipping on search engines you will save the shipping AND the Power Pro Cooker XL with chopper and cookbook is 99.99 fyi payments are lower too

Old 12-30-2014, 10:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,215 times
I bought the Power presser cooker xl at Boscovs same as tv price but no shipping costs....made my first dinner last night ...put a tsp of oil in bottom of pot....browned the chuck roast...added carrots, onion & sweet potatoes, garlic, tblsp honey, 2 shot glasses of cooking wine...put on the lid...cooked about 45 minutes...was it great tasting and meat falling apart,,,potatoes and carrots soft and great...husband even liked it.... note: when you put on the lid...twist and lock and turn that little floating thing to the circle....when the steam builds up the timer will count down for you...when you first turn it on it just has lines going around and around...when the steam is there.,..the minutes show up and start counting down.....when it gets to zero...turn the floating steam knob to the release steam picture (i used tongs to turn it) or if you lift it a little with the tongs the steam pours our...when no more steam comes out you can take the lid off...enjoy.....next item is going to be lasagna

Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr600 View Post
look in your smaller black and white instruction booklet....on page 7 program settings and on page 8 general operating instructions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink