U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 4,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
The commercials show these being used for canning also...has anyone tried it yet?

if you remember canning in the old days.....once you jar...put on round lid and then twist the other one on to seal....you put the jars in boiling water....and took care to use tongs to put them in and take them out....well you put the jars on top of that rack that comes with it so bottles dont touch bottom.....and then set the canning mode button it says it takes 10 minutes in the book....use your tongs and always release the steam pressure before opening..never did it yet but when the farmers market opens in the summer my shelves will be lined up with fruits and veggies....no more foreign foods for us/...how about making a video if you use this machine and put it on youtube so we can all experience the machine in action!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 12:02 PM

11,843 posts, read 7,742,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lito Bravo View Post
Can someone tell me how much water i can put for make a white rice?? like for a 3 cups of white rice..??
You don't use a pressure cooker to cook rice, it will become rice porridge like oatmeal and not steamed white rice. You should cook rice with a open lid because it requires stream and water needs to be cooked out of the rice so it is fluffy.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:54 PM

7,626 posts, read 14,010,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You don't use a pressure cooker to cook rice, it will become rice porridge like oatmeal and not steamed white rice. You should cook rice with a open lid because it requires stream and water needs to be cooked out of the rice so it is fluffy.
Noopers, this pressure cooker does a PERFECT rice! I gave my kiddos several different items I could not live without before from my kitchen items I had when I got this one....rice cooker, slow cooker....LOVE this device more than you can understand!

Old 01-04-2015, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 866 times
Any one have idea on sea food, to cook in the power pressure cooker pro, just got mine, two meals so far, great, thanks, larryd

Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

9,481 posts, read 15,066,550 times
Default Pressure Cooker XL?

Has anyone used that Pressure Cooker XL that's advertised on TV?

Total, with all the accessories, comes to ~$100. I would really consider one if the claims are true.

You can cook a frozen pot roast in 20 min!

You can cook dried beans in about 15 min!

You can use it to can, make yogurt, rice, etc, etc all in this one wonder-pot.

Ok, ok, maybe I should give it a try.....I would just like to hear from anyone who has actually used one. do they really live up to their name? do they last, or give out in a few months? Is the food really that good, or just "cooked"?

How mice to come home, pick something from the freezer, stick in the magic pot, and have a home-cooked meal! Or is it just a bunch of hype?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:49 PM

1,884 posts, read 4,021,868 times
Frozen pot roast in 20 min? Must be about a 6oz roast. I'd check youtube. Check out America's test kitchen.

Pressure cooker would be nice.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:20 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,925,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Has anyone used that Pressure Cooker XL that's advertised on TV?

Total, with all the accessories, comes to ~$100. I would really consider one if the claims are true.

You can cook a frozen pot roast in 20 min!

You can cook dried beans in about 15 min!

You can use it to can, make yogurt, rice, etc, etc all in this one wonder-pot.

Ok, ok, maybe I should give it a try.....I would just like to hear from anyone who has actually used one. do they really live up to their name? do they last, or give out in a few months? Is the food really that good, or just "cooked"?

How mice to come home, pick something from the freezer, stick in the magic pot, and have a home-cooked meal! Or is it just a bunch of hype?

I don't have one but overall i have heard bad things about them. I think that the electric is not the way to go. Get a standard one.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:59 PM

5,640 posts, read 16,952,273 times
I have a regular pressure cooker and love it, yes, you can do a stew very quickly. I like soups in it, they taste like they have been simmering for hours. But only cook for 15 minutes. I have lagostina brand but there are many others out there that are fine.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:30 PM

26,905 posts, read 28,233,136 times
I have an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. It is awesome. I haven't heard about the brand you mentioned. I have made insoaked beans in ~40 minutes. Beef curry in 40.

It is really fast but those times do not included getting up to pressure which is 5-10 minutes. And maybe 5-15 depending to release the pressure.

I have found it easy and like the fact I have a set and forget plug in not a stove top one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or