U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 05:09 PM

287 posts, read 384,400 times

Advertisements

The SO is working an event tonight so I'm so I'm on my own for dinner. She HATES seafood, so this means that I get to have it.

I don't necessarily feel like I need to stick with a theme for dinner, so I'm combining different stuff tonight to make one of my ideal dinners.

Brooklyn Local 1 for pre- and post-dinner drinking
Sriracha Lime Salmon with Italian-style risotto for the main course
Tuscan white blend wine for the dinner
Possible water ice/ice cream for dessert

Part of the inspiration for this was getting my first good chef's knife. I had crappy, cheap knives before that weren't cutting it (pun intended)... using a good quality knife is already a revelation. I do a lot of cooking so this is probably one of my better recent purchases.

What's on the menu for everyone else tonight?

Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 PM

14,971 posts, read 26,748,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjo View Post
The SO is working an event tonight so I'm so I'm on my own for dinner. She HATES seafood, so this means that I get to have it.

I don't necessarily feel like I need to stick with a theme for dinner, so I'm combining different stuff tonight to make one of my ideal dinners.

Brooklyn Local 1 for pre- and post-dinner drinking
Sriracha Lime Salmon with Italian-style risotto for the main course
Tuscan white blend wine for the dinner
Possible water ice/ice cream for dessert

Part of the inspiration for this was getting my first good chef's knife. I had crappy, cheap knives before that weren't cutting it (pun intended)... using a good quality knife is already a revelation. I do a lot of cooking so this is probably one of my better recent purchases.

What's on the menu for everyone else tonight?
What's on Tonight's Dinner Menu? 2014
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or