Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:46 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

The McDonalds near my house at one point got so bad that they either couldn't afford to buy soda or were getting their franchise taken away so they served soda out of 2-litres they bought from the grocery store.

It eventually changed management and has been ok ever since.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:51 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
On a side note, did you folks know the workers at Domino's are not required to wear gloves when tossing your pizza dough?
I worked at Domino's for three years. It can't exactly be "hand-tossed" if you're wearing gloves.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:11 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I am a Dunkin Donuts fan, not that I eat donuts much anymore, but I like them and I also like their coffee. Several times, I have tried their breakfast sandwiches, and they are the blandest, most tasteless things I've ever eaten. It is like they were designed for the palate of a three year old.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:57 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
I don't know if I have a particular single experience that stands out, but I know that the ones that get on my nerves the most, and it seems to happen a lot, is when they put cheese on my hamburger when I not only never ask for it, I even stress that I hate it and absolutely do not want it. I absolutely cannot stand cheese, I hate it, and I even hate that other people like it, because other people liking it so much--to the degree that they act as if the omission of cheese is a practically a hate crime--is why this mistake happens to me so often.

I swear people want cheese on EVERYTHING, I'm surprised they haven't started putting cheese on ice cream, your soda, or even your birthday cake. Yuck, major yuck.

The other thing--and I just started a thread about this--is fast food places giving all the priority to drive-thru, while me as a dining-in person is assumed to not be in any sort of a hurry and they will give just about every last bit of their attention to the drive-thru people while ignoring me.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:00 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
I must be extremely lucky and or have an iron stomach b/c I've never gotten sick off of fast food and i consider myself a fairly consistent consumer of it. HOWEVER I will say this

Taco Bell - is always a crap shoot on quality. i'm a huge creature of habit so i always get a chicken quesadilla, a couple shredded chicken burritos and some couple cheesy gordita crunches. sometimes they hit a homerun and sometimes its just like "wow i paid money for this". There was a taco bell on campus that was notorious for forgetting a customers order of nachos whenever they ordered said item. It got to a point for my one buddy where he would order them under the title of "forget me nachos".

Burger King - never had a bad meal

McDonalds - see Taco Bell. Fries are hit or miss so are burgers and mcchickens.

Wendys - usually good but you do get those occasions when the burgers were clearly sitting there for a while.

Sonic - actually really good food but it's county fair food as i call it

Arbys - never gotten sick off of arbys. IN FACT an arbys vanilla milkshake is my go to for an upset stomach. cures it every time.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:59 PM

421 posts, read 328,486 times
Hmm probably going into a fast food place all the tables were dirty had not been cleaned off ugh... getting burgers not hot etc

Old 06-01-2016, 12:08 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Churches fried chicken.
Pulled apart the wing to get the meat from the crook...saw a huge Black Feather. Like it was a crow not a chicken I was eating.

Also one time ordered a 10 piece at their drive through window.
The girl says, " do you want any backs along with the breasts and thighs? "

Wtf? ?? Chickens have backs??
Either her or I must have been stoned ..
That's all I can figure.
Chicken backs. Still cracks me up

Old 06-01-2016, 04:09 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Worst - Independent sub shop. I got food poisoning from the mayo as did every other customer that day. They were shut down that week.

Wendy's somewhere in PA on a roadtrip. It was getting late and I was looking for a hotel room and figured I would get a burger. I went through the drive through and then up the highway a bit to a hotel. I open the burger and it was a dark black chunk of burger (maybe) that looked like it was on the grill for days.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
What was your worst fast food experience

Service?
Food taste ?
food poisoning?
Service - Bad customer service at an LA franchise called Louisiana Fried Chicken (around the corner from my place), where these two low-class females rubbed me the wrong way. One girl deliberately messed up my order after I repeated at least 5 times what I wanted, to the point where I had to jump back on the bus to get it corrected. The other girl called herself catching an attitude after I called her out for overcharging me for my food and shortchanging me. Needless to say, they were fired, courtesy of the guy running the business (he knows I've been a long-time customer since I was a kid).

Food Taste - It was some burger joint in Gardena, CA where I had some chili cheese fries (I was 10 back then). The chili was trash (the peppers they put in it killed the flavor).

Food Poisoning - Louisiana Fried, again (different location). Served me some half-cooked chicken and practically puked up half my digestive system, followed up with two days of feeling like that Dave Chappelle skit with the ribs (the runs, mud butt).

Old 06-01-2016, 01:16 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Any bad experiences that I have ever had were at eateries that are not 'fast food' eateries.

I've never been sick from any fast food restaurant...ever...in 60 years.

I did get sick...food poisoning...from 'Chile's' ...and also, long ago, from, 'B&B buttered & garlic mushrooms, canned'.

Oh...and from one local restaurant down here where I live, in south Florida....from the steamed clams one night...where my wife and I and a local drummer all got sick as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink