Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I'm sorry you don't have any Walmarts nearby
I'll have to try that Pecan Pie ice cream from Trader Joe's- sounds delish!
It is so good that last year I bought three cartons of it to save for later, as I knew they only carry it around the holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I like the offerings that actually taste like pumpkin, not sugar, artificial flavor, and cinnamon.

Yay: Einstein's pumpkin bagels, Culver's pumpkin shakes and concrete mixers...they taste like actual pumpkin and are not overly sweetened.

Boo: Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte, which gets more artificial-tasting every year.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:26 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
John Oliver just did a funny sendup on pumpkin spice lattes...
Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine – John Oliver Breaks From Politics to Trash Pumpkin Spice Lattes

"Americans line up to drink coffee that tastes like a candle."

Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 AM

48 posts, read 71,045 times
I tried pumpkin beer. It was not a pleasant experience. The hard apple cider was good though.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenice View Post
I tried pumpkin beer. It was not a pleasant experience. The hard apple cider was good though.

I agree on the pumpkin ale. I tried 2 different ones and they both had kind of a "pastey" after-taste. It was like eating a piece of raw pumpkin. Apple ciders are my favorite. They go down too easy though because they taste like apple juice

Pumpkin Oreos-BLEH

Pumpkin M&M's-not terrible. They're just "meh".

Peppridge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake soft cookies-YUM!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Apple ciders are my favorite. They go down too easy though because they taste like apple juice

I don't drink alcohol, really, except for the occasional glass of Prosecco or champagne, but I tasted apple cider once this summer, on a very hot day. I was hooked and ended up having a few others through the summer. I called it "my adult apple juice."

Old 10-16-2014, 12:09 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I don't drink alcohol, really, except for the occasional glass of Prosecco or champagne, but I tasted apple cider once this summer, on a very hot day. I was hooked and ended up having a few others through the summer. I called it "my adult apple juice."

Yep, I think it's a nice beverage if you're not into hard liquor or beer. And that's the best way to drink it--lots of ice

Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
I tried Trader Joe's... lets see if I can get the order right.. dark chocolate pumpkin spice salted carmels. It was if they decided to take all the fall food crazes and smash them together into one little cube. They weren't horrible, but just too many different flavors all at once. They should have just stuck to two of the flavors... Dark chocolate salted caramels sounds good... dark chocolate pumpkin spice sounds good... pumpkin spice salted caramel even sounds good...

Old 10-16-2014, 04:03 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
My goodness, I saw Pumpkin Flavored Reeses Cups at the gasoline station the other day.
None for me I am not a fan of Pumpkin Flavor but I do like Pumpkin Seeds roasted.
OMG, I saw this too, and am still thinking about it. I wonder if its good? I wish I had bought one.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:27 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
John Oliver just did a funny sendup on pumpkin spice lattes...
Daily Coffee News by Roast Magazine – John Oliver Breaks From Politics to Trash Pumpkin Spice Lattes

"Americans line up to drink coffee that tastes like a candle."
My feelings exactly. I hate, loathe, and detest all this pumpkin spice basura. Wouldn't eat or drink it if my mouth were made of Yankee Candles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink