Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:09 PM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Their company policies, including not being open on Sundays, are a sticking point with me, though.
Why do you have a problem with being closed on Sundays?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 PM

299 posts, read 556,914 times
Chick-Fil-A?

I'm ok with them, every so often. I think their standard chicken sandwich tastes sweeter than most. Always assumed they added a little bit of sugar to it when cooking it or something? It's got a unique taste, which I don't think is bad -- though I don't rave about it or anything either.

Agree too that their nuggets don't taste pressed and processed like McDonalds ... but other places sell equally good ones.

I like their waffle fries and agree their shakes and lemonade are good too.

The one thing that mildly annoys me though is when you eat in, and they put on this act like you're in a more upscale place than you really are. I mean, it can be cram packed with people -- just like any busy fast food place, and some employee is expected to come up and ask you if you "need help finding a table", trying to locate one for you. Inevitably, you're just as good as they are at figuring out when somebody is about to get up and leave, so it's this pointless dance of you rushing for that table, just as they yell, "Excuse me! Sir! I believe I've got a table for you right here!"

And really, I don't need them to come by my table and ask if I "need anything" (like a drink refill). I know it's fast food and I'm perfectly ready to just get up and take care of that myself. They're usually so busy, I think they'd be better served to just try to keep up with all the orders coming in and keep the place clean.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:10 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,397,529 times
I like their IceCream. It's a little bit gritty, unlike the usual supersmooth soft serve. They also do a good job at customer service.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Culver's, here. Excellent, friendly, and courteous service...they are obviously heavily coached on polite customer relations, people come around and check on you, etc. I don't know the pay scale, but I would bet it's a step up from standard fast food, much like the food itself.
Ahhh, yes, I forgot about Culvers. They're very friendly, as well.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Blah. Pickles don't belong on chicken sandwiches. Chick-fil-a has been around a long time, I used to eat it as a teen in NJ in the late 70's. I only bought it when the sandwiches were $1.25 and I didn't have a lot of money in my pocket.

I will say it has been a favorite with my kids, so despite not liking it myself, I still patronized it for years. Now the boys are on their own, so I can say with confidence, "no more".

Old 09-15-2014, 03:28 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,633 times
Their chicken has a great flavor but occasionally when I have one of their sandwiches, I get a mouthful of that "bird" flavor. I'm not sure how else to describe it but despite the rest of the sandwich's goodness, it makes me want to spew all over! I quit having them for a while and ordered their wraps instead. Then I got tired of them and went back to sandwiches but I eat with caution. Not wild about the waffle fries. I usually get a fruit cup on the side or nothing.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:33 PM

917 posts, read 1,383,605 times
It's delicious but for some reason, I think it's too pricey lol

Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Earlier this year, coming back home from Guatemala, we had a lay over at the Atlanta airport which had a Chick-fill-a, so I thought I'd check out what every one is loosing their collective minds over...I'm still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about, maybe it was because I had it an airport, I don't know. Their menu seemed pretty small, and the chicken didn't seemed average at best.

I was not impressed either and it wasn't at an airport. I went once and once was enough.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:34 PM

156 posts, read 137,591 times
The secret is the peanut oil it's fried in. The other bonuses are real chicken and a good batter recipe.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:37 PM

156 posts, read 137,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
It's delicious but for some reason, I think it's too pricey lol
It's actually cheaper than McD's or Burger King now for what you get. I just had a 20 pc chicken nugget and a small fry at McD's for lunch today with no drink. It was almost seven bucks with tax. I could have had a #1 at CFA for less. That included the drink as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink