Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 12:49 PM

160 posts, read 775,125 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I got a food processor for xmas, which I really wanted. Now that I have it, I dont know what to do with it! Anyone have any good ways to use it. I understand what its for I just cant figure out what I can cook that would require me to use it. hehe.

HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 01:02 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
I use mine to mix & knead small batches of bread or pizza dough.

I made gumbo for Xmas and used the food processor to chop peppers, onions, celery, and garlic.

I use it to finely chop nuts for a quiche crust I make with walnuts.

In summer when I have basil in the garden, I use the food processor to make pesto....there's lots you can do with one, really.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,869 times
I LOVE my food processor. LOL.

You can make cookie dough in it.

Salad dressing. I make a really good Caesar dressing in mine.

Shred cheese.

Make bread crumbs

The possibilities are endless. Go thru the cookbook that probably came with it. You'll be really surprised at what they use it for.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 PM

185 posts, read 583,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I use mine to mix & knead small batches of bread or pizza dough.

I made gumbo for Xmas and used the food processor to chop peppers, onions, celery, and garlic.

I use it to finely chop nuts for a quiche crust I make with walnuts.

In summer when I have basil in the garden, I use the food processor to make pesto....there's lots you can do with one, really.
YUM fresh basil from the garden, good quality olive oil and jarred garlic, not fresh because it will over power the basil, and I like some pine nuts in mine!
presto pesto! lol

Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Pesto (but I do prefer fresh garlic, it is sweeter to me)

Mayonnaise and other salad dressings

Soups

Julienned vegies

One of my favorite uses is when I make crab cakes.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,840 times
I mainly use mine for pie crusts, mashed potatoes, pesto, I have a big Kitchen Aid, but I use the small mini chop from Kitchen Aid more...I received that as a housewarming gift a few months ago...its a handy little thing...and you don't have to drag out the big guy for small chopping of veggies, tuna salad, etc...I love it...

Old 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfountaingrl View Post
Ok, so I got a food processor for xmas, which I really wanted. Now that I have it, I dont know what to do with it! Anyone have any good ways to use it. I understand what its for I just cant figure out what I can cook that would require me to use it. hehe.

HELP!
That's funny... I received one too... kitchenaid food processor. I can make my own pesto now but what else

Old 12-28-2007, 12:34 PM

955 posts, read 2,157,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
That's funny... I received one too... kitchenaid food processor. I can make my own pesto now but what else
I have a Cuisinart food processor that must be 25 years old, use it all the time, and it's still going strong. Here are two ideas:
Cheese log - put chunks of different kinds of chesse (last one I used mozarella and sharp cheddar), a little red wine, some nuts, blueberries, and hit go. A processor blends stuff that you cannot do by hand. Roll in chopped nuts, refrigerate - and there you go.
Meat loaf - Put some stale bread, crackers, taco bits, cheese, whatever, into the processor and make into crumbs. Put in some garlic and chunks of raw chicken and / or beef. Add an egg and process until really smooth. Only a processor will do the job right. Then bake. Here is the advantage - you know exactly how much fat or how lean your original ingredients are.
I use it to make pureed vegetables. Steam some green beans and carrots and a potato. Put in the processor and whiz. You can combine all kinds of things and then heat in a saute pan with butter for a nice change of pace vegetable dish. You can also take what you have pureed and stuff into a scopped out tomato (put the tomato pulp into the processor with veggies). Bake for about 30 minutes topped with breadcrumbs (made in the processor). You will impress your family and friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink