U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM

979 posts, read 3,485,618 times

Advertisements

I do like my HOT dogs black. Anything like that like sausages and kielbasa, etc. I will always picked the most burnt one. Yum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
I do like my HOT dogs black. Anything like that like sausages and kielbasa, etc. I will always picked the most burnt one. Yum.
I love how they crunch when you bite into them! my mom and I always fought over the black ones.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 AM

3,568 posts, read 3,365,992 times
Quote:
totally agree -bacon too

Old 01-11-2008, 10:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,210,597 times
Same here-they have to be charred, especially kielbasa.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
totally agree -bacon too
Ok so this was a bummer.... and maybe I should post this in the "for the love of bacon" thread but this morning I was making breakfast for my roommate and I and BURNT my bacon! This was not the burnt like I like my hot dogs- burnt, this was THE SMOKE ALARMS ARE GOING OFF and I can't SEE-burnt! We then had to microwave some bacon. Much healthier way of doing it and I still got my bacon fix!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM

3,568 posts, read 3,365,992 times
Quote:
Ok so this was a bummer.... and maybe I should post this in the "for the love of bacon" thread but this morning I was making breakfast for my roommate and I and BURNT my bacon! This was not the burnt like I like my hot dogs- burnt, this was THE SMOKE ALARMS ARE GOING OFF and I can't SEE-burnt! We then had to microwave some bacon. Much healthier way of doing it and I still got my bacon fix!
LOL - you could have met a cute fireman....

Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie50 View Post
If you like crispy chicken or turkey skin. Cook the foul in a brown paper bag.
Clean bird and season. Place in a brown paper bag that has been sprayed with oil spray (Pam, etc). I have also rubbed the bag with oil. Set bag on a pan that has a rack on it. Add 1-2 cups liquid (water or broth). Seal bag by rolling the end closed. Bake as you normally would. With the greasing bag does no catch on fire. Never tried it on barbecue. Don't think it would work. I have brought the oven up to 400F.
I just have this image of the bag catching fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc32682 View Post
After I posted my last post, I actually went into my kitchen and tried this. Not bad for a mini-snack. I also tried it with cheese (Velveeta singles). Then a tried sandwiching themustard in the cheese (saltine-cheese-mustard-cheese). Tried a saltine on the other end too, but that was a bit much for me.

It a great snack mustard and saltines when you dont feel like cooking anything. I just had it the other night Saltine has this new onion flavor saltine it was ok but I prefer regular still. I will have to try it with cheese but I might as well grab a meat though lol.

I'm all about trying new things, so I'll probably try some of the other ones out on here too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
OK OK I thought about this for awhile, and thought to myself "*humf* nothing?"
Then it hit me.... like a ton a bricks.
I actually get cravings for ........omg, I can't believe I'm going to admit this:
Spagetti'Os ! (and I actually take the time to grate fresh parm. cheese on it)

I am of Italian heritage and when family comes to visit I hide the cans! They would disown me! Disgrace the family name!
(well ,then again Spagetti'Os is NOT Italian food) though I know some people who would fight me on this.
Ok I havent had spagettiO's in a long time does your family not realize by the odd shapes that it not real italian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
The kids and I choke every time he eats this, but once a year or so my husband makes himself a mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwich. He also likes ketchup on his ham and tops his pancakes with fried eggs AND syrup.
I cannot get into mixing mayo with other items I guess I am chicken when it comes to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
1. Mayonnaise and chili in my hot dogs. (only)
2. Summer sausage with cheese and crackers (or maybe that isn't weird, I don't know?)
3. Fritos in chili.
4. O'Doul's (non-alcoholic beer. Yes, it's beer without the alcohol. Yeah, that's weird).
Is summer sausage the same thing as pickled red sausage that tend to be hot. If so I love these on crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OMG, I love A-1 on french fries, also, Heinz 57 on fries
I might have to try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My husband will only eat cottage cheese covered with ketchup!

It's pretty gross.

And all rice must be served with soy sauce... not that that's weird eats, but he won't have rice with butter, any kind of rice pilaf, rice-from-a-box, etc.

mmmmm... butter...
I love to drown my white rice with soy sauce. I also like to add it to my chicken raman.

This is fun thread I started to think about my plate organization then I realize I am guilty of this.
I organize my plate to items that will taste ok togethe if they touch.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
LOL - you could have met a cute fireman....
Oh yeah! Hey! I wish I would've thought of that now....

Old 01-13-2008, 05:05 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,486,595 times
The cheese with whip cream is a nice mix. My wife seems to think it is strange, but has never tried it herself. It is a great food if you are watching your sugar intake, and like cheese. I like mine with a mild chedder cubes and a sugar free Whip cream.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
I feel so normal now

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-02-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink