U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I dont know if I will it direct on the meat but I will mix it into gravy I serve on pork chops.

I cook bacon first before the eggs pour off the extra grease and cook my eggs in it or use it in sawmill gravy.
mmmmmmmm, gravy! One of lifes wonderful things! Now I want some.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I love grease and I put it on my meat. Like you know that yellow grease you get after frying a pork chop? I pour that on the meat.
Reminds me of my mom telling me that the poorer kids in her school would bring biscuits or bread smeared with bacon drippings for lunch, thats all there would be for them. I always wondered if they had flour to make biscuits, why their moms didnt bother to make white gravy for the kids...... one of life's little mysteries, I suppose.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 PM

444 posts, read 922,732 times
I can't think of too many things at this time. One of my favs are potatochips on a tunafish sandwich. I really don't do the gravy so much escept on mashed potatoes with corn mixed in. I love it! MMMMMM....... I cann pretty much eat anything mixed into mashed potatoes. LOL!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 AM

634 posts, read 2,667,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Kimchi -- yes! My former exchange student and her mother visited this May, and taught me how to make my own kimchi. Not hard at all, but depending upon how hot you like it, you need to wear gloves to protect your hands. I also learned how to make broo-go-ghee, a beef dish, and just this year, a wonderful Korean New Year's Day soup!
Ahh gimchi! My love haha.

You just have to be used to the taste (growing up eating gimchi) or you're daring and open to trying different foods. Otherwise, gimchi might seem disgusting to you lol.

Oh and it's Bul-Go-Gee. My other love

Old 01-19-2008, 11:51 AM

634 posts, read 2,667,908 times
When eating a chocolate covered vanilla ice cream.... I eat off all of the chocolate first, then I go in for the kill and eat the vanilla

Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,213,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
When eating a chocolate covered vanilla ice cream.... I eat off all of the chocolate first, then I go in for the kill and eat the vanilla
I am that with Napoleon , I eat in this order chocolate, strawberry, vanilla
and if it is Choclate swirl ice cream I will dry to eat where the majority of syrup is located.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM

57 posts, read 366,784 times
Dipping my toast in orange juice

Dipping corn chips in soda

Eating french fries or soft pretzels with ice cream

Potato chips and chocolate cake

......essentially combining anything salty with something sweet

Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 PM

283 posts, read 473,824 times
Ok.....well mine is a little long as I am a extremely picky eater. That & chili & fritos' not uncommon at all. Sonics chilie cheese frito wrap is pretty good.

In high school everyone would eat ranch dressing on pizza. I never did enjoy this combo.

I hate for my food to touch. When I get takeout chinese or mexican as soon as I get home I have to seperate the food.

I usually concertrate on 1 food at a time. ex....beans, mac & cheese, & cheesebruger....I would eat the cheese burger 1st taking maybe 2 bits each of the other food & then move to say the mac & cheese & finally the beans.

I HATE most veggies. I will not eat 1 raw veggie.

I only like certain foods fixed a certain way & usually only by certain people. EX: I only like real mashed potatos, I hate the fake boxed mashed potatos, white beans cooked by my mamaw or my aunt & noone else, crispy fried okra, and crispy & crunchy bacon.

We have a grape vine in our backyard & it's the only grapes I will eat.

I hate tomatos but like canned tomatos

I hate broccoli but love broccoli casserole

I hate carrots, green beans, onions, peppers, celery, peas (unless blackeye), spinich, and lima beans but will eat them cooked in something like soup or a casserole.

I don't eat lettuce. My salad consists of mushrooms, cheese, ham, crutons, bacon bits, boiled eggs, and ranch dressing.

When I was a kid I would eat popcorn & sour cream & onion potato chip sandwhiches.

I crumble my cornbread into my tea & eat/drink that.

I like dipping my french fries in ranch dressing, brown gravey, or A1 sauce.

I like ham, bacon bits, schredded cheese, butter, a little pepper, & ranch dressing on my baked potatos.

I hate peanuts & peanut butter. Occassionally I will eat a peanut butter cup.

I dont like cold drinks, I drink canned dr pepper without refrigerating it. But I love frappichunios & smoothies.

And I hate soggy bread or crackers.

I think that it. I suposse that all of that's not really weird, but it's me.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:10 AM

620 posts, read 1,587,725 times
I'm lovin' this thread! I either have extremely boring eating habits or I just can't think of anything strange that I eat. The only thing I can come up with is how I can't eat peanut butter unless it's mixed with syrup. I can eat peanut butter cups too, but that's as far as I can go with peanut butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
I just thought of something I do that some people think is weird, although *I* think it's delicious - I put A-1 Sauce on my baked potatoes. I think A-1 Sauce is good on a lot of things, apparently. LOL!
This sounds quite good to me. I may have to give it a try!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:37 AM

2,970 posts, read 6,149,944 times
When I was a kid I used to dip a raw spaghetti noodle into Tang and lick it off and then dip it again over and over until the noodle got soggy and then I would eat that! No idea how that got started......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink