U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,542,095 times

Advertisements

French fries in bleu cheese dressing...this only worked when there was a Bob's Big Boy chain because their bleu cheese was off the Richter scale...don't do that any place else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 09:40 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,015,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
When I was a kid I loved Whipped cream and potato chip sandwiches on wonder bread.

I cannot think of anything that could be worse for you.
Wrap it around a Twinkie!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 AM

636 posts, read 851,584 times
Peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwich. I got the idea while eating a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 AM

127 posts, read 450,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
my hubby loves these but he also adds a slice of velvetta cheese

I am a "selective" eater
a much nicer term than picky
So everyone considers my eating habits weird. "Plain" should be my middle name
haha i like that. Great description of my eating habits as well. PLAIN is best LMAO. NO i don't want nuts in my brownies, NO i don't want that chicken 'con 300 diff things...plain baked chicken is fine, THANK YOU.

I also eat Mac n cheese with Tuna. Is that wierd? cuz heck..its flipping AMAZING..i turned my BF and my roommate onto it. I thought they were the crazy ones for questioning ME about that combo.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM

25,574 posts, read 23,778,223 times
Dont know how 'wierd' this is but here goes.
Jalapenos on all sandwiches. Heck, for that matter, jalapenos on just about everything.
Tabasco in my Top Ramen.
Salt on everything that doesnt have jalapenos.
Butter (I buy real butter, not imitaion stuff) on my saltines.
Devils food cake and cool whip for breakfast.
Dried seaweed by iteslf, slightly toasted over the burner of the stove.
Pretzels with mustard and a tall glass of milk.
Raw eggs in a glass with a splash of soy sauce.
Tons of salt on my super large french fries.
That 'squeaky' cheese you can get in Wisconsin, on top of my fries.
Anchovies on my pizza, or by themselves, theyre still yummy.
Oh, I love drinking the juice from the green olive jar.
Will think of more as the day goes on....

Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM

6,774 posts, read 6,861,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I hate mayo also. I love mustard. Ketchup I only like on certain things, mainly fries. I hate ketchup on hamburgers (and ketchup should never be put on hot dogs whether you like ketchup or not).
why? I hear that a lot, but I love ketchup on hot dogs. It's definitly not worse than ketchup on eggs, that freaks me out.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM

6,774 posts, read 6,861,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloud9kutie View Post
haha i like that. Great description of my eating habits as well. PLAIN is best LMAO. NO i don't want nuts in my brownies, NO i don't want that chicken 'con 300 diff things...plain baked chicken is fine, THANK YOU.

I also eat Mac n cheese with Tuna. Is that wierd? cuz heck..its flipping AMAZING..i turned my BF and my roommate onto it. I thought they were the crazy ones for questioning ME about that combo.
I like the mac n cheese with tuna, it's the only way I will eat tuna and I like tabasco sauce on it.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
b75

950 posts, read 3,121,933 times
My weird food habit is pretty much the polar opposite of the posts on this thread. My food can.never.touch. Seriously. I won't eat it if the different items that are not supposed to be combined into one dish touch each other. And overall I am actually not a picky eater, but if the entree touches the side dishes, it sends shivers down my spine... Sometimes I make everything be put on separate plate. And with sandwiches? The meat must be what is placed against the condiment/dressing & lettuce etc NOT the cheese. Delis always seem to do the opposite - it drives me CRAZY.

And noone else in my family is this obsessive about it - just me. I have always had this issue. I'm not the least bit obsessive about other things either, just this. Oh well we all have our quirks.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM

1,408 posts, read 7,259,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Dont know how 'wierd' this is but here goes.
Jalapenos on all sandwiches. Heck, for that matter, jalapenos on just about everything.
Tabasco in my Top Ramen.
Salt on everything that doesnt have jalapenos.
Butter (I buy real butter, not imitaion stuff) on my saltines.
Devils food cake and cool whip for breakfast.
Dried seaweed by iteslf, slightly toasted over the burner of the stove.
Pretzels with mustard and a tall glass of milk.
Raw eggs in a glass with a splash of soy sauce.
Tons of salt on my super large french fries.
That 'squeaky' cheese you can get in Wisconsin, on top of my fries.
Anchovies on my pizza, or by themselves, theyre still yummy.
Oh, I love drinking the juice from the green olive jar.
Will think of more as the day goes on....
pretzels with mustard I can see but with MILK! yuck!

hubby likes to drink pickle juice (once he's finished all the pickles).

Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,132,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
My weird food habit is pretty much the polar opposite of the posts on this thread. My food can.never.touch. Seriously. I won't eat it if the different items that are not supposed to be combined into one dish touch each other. And overall I am actually not a picky eater, but if the entree touches the side dishes, it sends shivers down my spine... Sometimes I make everything be put on separate plate. And with sandwiches? The meat must be what is placed against the condiment/dressing & lettuce etc NOT the cheese. Delis always seem to do the opposite - it drives me CRAZY.

And noone else in my family is this obsessive about it - just me. I have always had this issue. I'm not the least bit obsessive about other things either, just this. Oh well we all have our quirks.
Are you my sister? She is exactly like this...her hubby likes to play mean tricks on her and put just one kernel of corn in her mashed potatoes. It drives her crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink