U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 11:59 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,899,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Once in a great while I like french fries dipped in brown gravy. I feel my heart struggle while I'm eating them though.
We've always called those "wet-fries" and I've eaten them my whole life. They are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 PM

113 posts, read 244,829 times
Chips(fries), cheese and coleslaw. yum

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
bjh

26,094 posts, read 22,785,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I used to like that, too. I read Harriet the Spy and found out about tomato sandwiches. Tomato, bread and mayo tastes great to me.
I'm in as long as I can substitute mustard for mayo. Used to have these with pickles slices

(secretly relieved to know I'm not the only soul who has sipped pickle juice)

Old 09-07-2008, 06:11 PM

9,486 posts, read 13,344,036 times
Bread and butter pickles on ... bread and butter, with lots of onions.
I have been known to put mustard on my yellow corn too.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,460,346 times
OK... I get salt cravings. I don't add salt to anything, but every now and then, I crave salt - just salt. So I unwrap a bouillon cube and lick it as if it were a lollipop until I've consumed the whole thing. Sometimes one isn't enough.

I've never been pregnant, but I once wanted sliced dill pickles with my vanilla ice cream. I think that phase lasted about two years.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,147,714 times
*I eat lemons.
*I HATE having mayo/MW put on my sandwiches (or anything, really)- I have my sandwiches dry- no mayo/mustard/stuff, just meat, bread, and usually lettuce and onions.
*I dip my lobster in cider vinegar as often as I do butter (lobsterman's daughter...)
*I eat kiwi... with the skin on (I know- grosses you out, it does most people...)
*The only salad dressing I like it vinegar- balsamic or apple cider. I think distilled vinegar smelled like the stuff used to develop film..(yuck)
*Boxed macaroni and cheese is mixed without the milk... just butter.
*I love green apples. I know the best trees in my area and will drive quite a distance to get to them.. And no, never gave me a bellyache. Hiccups, occasionally, but no bellyaches..
*(Blame my mother...) I have been known to sprinkle dry Jell-O powder on buttered toast (in the same way that you would cinnamon)- I know, sounds weird, but tastes pretty darn good...

Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM

13,463 posts, read 14,451,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
People get disgusted because I sometimes like steak sauce straight from the bottle.
I've been known to take swig of A1 from time to time.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,941,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.
Oh wow thought I was the only one, Dh thinks its disgusting

Old 09-19-2008, 04:19 PM

424 posts, read 1,483,493 times
Default Oddities and rituals

1. I STILL like black pepper and mayonnaise sandwiches.
2. I like tomato, black pepper, (salt) and mayonnaise sandwiches but ONLY if the tomato is still warm from the vine.
3. I often eat one item at a time until completion from my plate, then move on to the next item, and then the next, etc.
4. With rare exception, I don't like my various food selections to touch (contaminate) each other (see item 3). Those divided cafeteria-type plates come in handy.
5. I DO like syrup from pancakes to get on my bacon or sausage.
6. I put butter on scrambled eggs when they are served to me.
7. I like whole-kernal corn between two halves of a biscuit.
8. I drink pickle juice and the left-over vinegar used for soaking fresh cucumber and onion slices.
9. If making a fried egg sandwich on cheap white bread, I like to smash the bread flat to increase the density before placing the egg upon it.
10. I dip my fries in mayonnaise.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM

10,887 posts, read 9,665,451 times
OK, first off, tomato sandwiches aren't weird - everybody but me grew up on them around our house - but I will not eat a raw tomato. I will eat salsa, ketchup, tomato ANYTHING but not a sliced tomato. ( I am a disgrace to the family name! LOL)

I used to love it when my grandmother would make biscuits (best ones I have ever tasted!). She would use flour, buttermilk, crisco, etc....make a well in the flour to pour the buttermilk...."pinch" em off, place them in a shallow pan, and then take three fingers and dip them in bacon drippings and mash on top of each biscuit! I have the fondest memories of those biscuits having grannie's finger marks on top! ANYHOW, she would always reserve some "raw" biscuits for me, my brother and sister. I loved that raw biscuit dough! Daddy always told us it would give us worms! My, what I wouldn't give for that right now!

Also, vanilla ice cream with dry lime jello (right out of the powdered pack) sprinkled on top!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink