U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM

1,306 posts, read 2,571,952 times

Advertisements

This isn't really a strange eating habit but it bugs me to death. My Father-in-law will only eat beef and usually only ground beef at that, no chicken,no pork (other than bacon/sausage),no turkey,no seafood Nothing!!!!! He'll only eat veggies cooked in bacon grease but generally skips the greens and eats only potatoes and fruit only if it's in pie or smothered in mayo. The thing is he won't try anything, I mean not one thing. There are certain things I don't like but I will try anything once. I sometimes visualize tackling him and forcing him to try different foods to see what he is missing lol. Sorry for the rant all I'm just tired of going out to eat with them and having to go to Red Robin every damn time. Ok I'm better now, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:57 PM

1,122 posts, read 955,803 times
Tripe Tacos!!

Dill Pickle with melted cheddar cheese
1 Dill Pickle, slices of Cheddar Cheese ontop of pickle and Nuk for about 10 sec (so cheese is melted) "Delish" as Rachel Ray would say

Old 07-16-2009, 06:14 PM

25 posts, read 97,986 times
I don't eat anything to I think might be to weird to you all but I....

Mix banana sauce & mayo and use it as a dip for different foods such as steak, lettuce and I love to dip rice and french fries into it.

When I was a kid I would dip pizza crust in coke lol

I only eat chinese food with a plastic fook cause I think the food tastes better and sunkist orange soda is the best to drink while eating chinese food

I like Texas Pete on my eggs

My wife says she can't mix ice cream, snickers, m&m's, hot fudge, whipped cream the way I do.

I also love eating ice cream out of a cup filled with milk. It makes the milk so cold to drink afterwards

Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Domergurl, you are so lucky your husband rinses the mayo knife, my BF never does HE LEAVES IT SITTING ON THE COUNTER

That's a funny on cause I have to rinse the the mayo off the knife also it drives me nuts to leave it on

Old 07-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Also as a kid I would eat melted cheese and ketchup on a roll.

I cannot eat baked mac & cheese with tomatoes in it. I don't know why it just drives me nuts.

I'm not as bad as I use to be but when I would eat I would eat one item on my plate until it was finished the move onto the next.

I like reading this forum lol

Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM

27,996 posts, read 46,373,100 times
I always like bananas and Mayonnaise mixed together. Yummy

John

Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,041,870 times
Hot yellow peppers and nothing else

Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,273,555 times
something that many people have thought odd is that I'll eat ketchup on any type of potato--except maybe potato chips, though I might try that too.

There are foods I eat that are no more than a method of delivery for a "sauce" like ketchup or salsa.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:31 AM

10,131 posts, read 16,726,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
something that many people have thought odd is that I'll eat ketchup on any type of potato--except maybe potato chips, though I might try that too.

There are foods I eat that are no more than a method of delivery for a "sauce" like ketchup or salsa.
I've had ketchup flavored chips that were gross, but plain Lay's potato chips dipped in ketchup is actually good!

Old 12-11-2009, 06:13 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,149,937 times
I'm a huge fan of dipping french fries in tarter sauce. The same goes for Arby's sauce and spicy BBQ sauces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink