U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,019,161 times

Advertisements

Ketchup on plain potato chips, blue cheese dip/dressing on my french fries once in awhile, sweet pickles inbetween saltines.....cream cheese goes well with lots of things lol....to make a long story short.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 AM

985 posts, read 2,300,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I'm a huge fan of dipping french fries in tarter sauce. The same goes for Arby's sauce and spicy BBQ sauces.
And I thought I was the only one who does that!

I like to put peanut butter on Twizzlers.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:23 AM

267 posts, read 736,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I'm a huge fan of dipping french fries in tarter sauce. The same goes for Arby's sauce and spicy BBQ sauces.
Dipping french fries in tartar sauce: Is that a strange habit?
It is completely normal where I live!

Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 AM

13,295 posts, read 12,341,071 times
I eat the same breakfast (whole oats with raisins and banana) 6 out of 7 days a week and never get tired of it.

I eat the same lunch (salad with spinach, lettuce, carrot, tomato, and broccoli) 5 out of 7 days a week and never get tired of it.

Dinner varies

I think people are way too concerned with what their food tastes like and not nearly concerned enough about what it is they are putting into their bodies. What is the real purpose that we eat after all?

Old 12-12-2009, 09:05 AM

12,054 posts, read 19,643,324 times
Potato chips on tuna sandwiches and also on cheeseburgers

Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 AM

252 posts, read 580,692 times
cottage cheese and ketchup (its one of the few things I like with ketchup)
canned spinach with mustard
toasted liverwurst sandwiches
milk toast (does anyone else still eat this?)
granola or muesli with twice as much milk as there is cereal

things I don't like:
fried chicken
mac n cheese from a box
fried donuts (like original krispie kremes) they taste like old grease.
ranch dressing on anything that has meat/cheese in it. ranch makes it taste rancid to me.

strange habits: I rake my food on my plate into little piles as I eat. I've had many people deem me the "neatest" eater they've ever seen.
I MUST eat sunflower seeds one at a time, where I will suck off the seasoning, carefully crack the seed with my teeth, and eat the seed after spitting out the shell.
I eat my corn on the cob in perfect rows across.
If I have multiple-colored candy, i find which color has the least pieces, then eat the ones that go over that number for the other colors. Then I randomly eat the rest, but the number of each color must always end up being equal.
the list of other anal-retentive ocd things I do with my food could go on for a page. I'm a riot to watch eat I've been told.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,006,042 times
Cold pizza next day
Don't eat pizza crust unless stuffed - my Goldens love it
Put half of my FF on my McD burger
Pour half individual ketchup packets each bite of my burger (always dry)
Leftover turkey sandwiches = turkey, stuffing, cranberry & mayo on white bread
Salad- Olive oil, wine vinegar and squeeze of real lemon
I just started drinking milk, must have at least 3 TBSP of choc in short glass

Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 AM

183,826 posts, read 74,960,655 times
Texas Pete's hot sauce in my ham and navy beans with jalapenos. Perfect way to make red beans.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 PM

17 posts, read 26,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
OK OK I thought about this for awhile, and thought to myself "*humf* nothing?"
Then it hit me.... like a ton a bricks.
I actually get cravings for ........omg, I can't believe I'm going to admit this:
Spagetti'Os ! (and I actually take the time to grate fresh parm. cheese on it)

I am of Italian heritage and when family comes to visit I hide the cans! They would disown me! Disgrace the family name!
(well ,then again Spagetti'Os is NOT Italian food) though I know some people who would fight me on this.
Ravioli, the chef does a great job on the mystery fill!!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Default Goofy food habits

A thread in the Relationships forum asked about people's fetishes, but all the posts just talked about favorite food combinations. That made me think of some of the funny ways I like to eat certain foods. Of course, none of the following is done in polite company.

Twix candy bars - Carefully eat all the caramel off the top, then the chocolate from the sides. Then eat the naked cookie from end to end.

Sara Lee pound cake - Take one slice of cake, press it over my mouth, and breathe through it.

Black olives - Put on fingers before eating.

Whole carrots - Bite the outside and use teeth to strip it away from the inner root. Admire the spiky weirdness, then eat it.

Goldfish crackers: Use teeth to crack in half and eat each half separately. Tail, then body.

Skittles: Sort into colors and make attractive designs or logical patterns. Eat by color or reducing patterns.

What silly things do you do? And don't pretend you don't, because we all know you twist open your Oreos like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink