U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM

16,317 posts, read 12,585,752 times

Advertisements

I take a whole can of chunk light tuna in oil (!!!) and put it in a bowl; top with a lot of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, and, put it on potato chips by the forkful and eat it. good snack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,273,555 times
I don't know that this is the right forum for this, but my ex hated when I would tell her why I didn't like something. Because it was usually the TEXTURE...anytime I'd talk about something like homemade smoothies or something else I didn't quite enjoy, she'd go "There's THAT word again...I hate that word."

Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM

8,039 posts, read 3,854,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I do the same things with Skittles. I spill out a handful, sort them into colors and eat them largest to smallest, unless I have one, and then that's added into the next handful.

I also split peanut M&M's apart, and eat the nut separately from the candy.
Here I thought I was the only one in the world that split the peanut M&M's apart.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM

5,905 posts, read 5,081,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Twix candy bars - Carefully eat all the caramel off the top, then the chocolate from the sides. Then eat the naked cookie from end to end.
Yep!

Quote:
Black olives - Put on fingers before eating.
Aren't there instructions for that on the can? Only way to eat them.

Quote:
Whole carrots - Bite the outside and use teeth to strip it away from the inner root. Admire the spiky weirdness, then eat it.
I thought I was the ONLY person to do this!

Quote:
Skittles: Sort into colors and make attractive designs or logical patterns. Eat by color or reducing patterns.
I sort my M&Ms, too. Once sorted, I eat the ones in the larger piles until they're all the same quantity. Then I eat usually from lightest to darkest.

Quote:
What silly things do you do? And don't pretend you don't, because we all know you twist open your Oreos like everyone else.

Celery - I peel the 'veins' off, then eat.

Reese's PB Cups - I nibble the chocolate around the outer edge, then eat the middle.

Ovaltine - I drink by the spoon. Same thing with Tang when I was a kid.

Haagen Dazs - I nuke for about 15-20 seconds to partially soften, then I eat the softest parts, first circling the outer perimeter, then whatever is soft/melting in the middle. Always looks like a dome inside once the first inch is eaten.

Jello Pudding (the cooked kind, when I was a kid) - The trick was to carefully peel off the 'skin'...then roll it up and eat like an egg roll.

Salad - Absolutely, positively cannot be consumed on the same plate as hot food. Dressing has no place touching my green beans, spuds, or meat. In fact, all food should adhere to 'personal space' courtesy.

Layer cake - Mostly only when I was a kid, only now if the frosting is disgusting: set the piece on its side, consume cake while leaving the frosting intact and in the original shape. (as a kid, then I would eat the frosting)

Chocolate Chip Cookies - I try to eat around the chips first.

Bananas - Should still be barely, faintly green on the ends. Peel and remove whole banana, split carefully in half...then split each half lengthwise into its 3 sections, eat.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM

3,367 posts, read 9,865,827 times
Tim Tam slam... drinking a cup of tea through a TimTam (chocolate-covered cookie/biscuit).

Bite a bit off opposite corners, dunk in tea/coffee/hot chocolate/milk and... suck.

FAN-TAS-TIC

The Tim Tam Slam

Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM

92 posts, read 218,593 times
Quote:

Whole carrots - Bite the outside and use teeth to strip it away from the inner root. Admire the spiky weirdness, then eat it.
LOL I thought I was the only one who carefully ate around the core of the carrot as well to leave it whole! I think it's the sweetest part of the carrot...

Other habits:
  • With Skittles, I like to smoosh them first between my index and thumb before eating them.
  • With Goldfish, I actually like to gently bite right in the center of the fish to split it into two equal halves. I believe they are manufactured like that which is why they split so easily in that spot.
  • When I have ice cream that has chunks of chocolate or cookie dough, I eat all the ice cream before getting to the chunks.
  • With grapes, I like to peel the skin off first with my teeth.
  • With oranges, I will break them into their segments and then sometimes peel those little "pockets" of juice in their clear casings out of the sections and eat 'em like that. lol
  • With pop or other drinks, I used put a straw in the drink, cover the ending with a finger, and drink from the other end of the straw.
I have lots more other eating habits, so these are just a few of them!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM

21,871 posts, read 12,749,402 times
When I eat corn on the cob, I usually eat a kernel at a time When I get tired of that, I switch to a row of about 5 kernels

Old 03-12-2010, 03:19 PM

183,885 posts, read 74,980,809 times
Naked nuked hot dogs in a bowl with buffalo wing sauce.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
When I eat corn on the cob, I usually eat a kernel at a time When I get tired of that, I switch to a row of about 5 kernels
I eat a cob of corn very methodically (OCD?) I begin at the wide end, and work my way across, down an exact row, going four rows at a time until I get to the tapered end. Then I work my way back to the wide end, back, and forth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Tim Tam slam... drinking a cup of tea through a TimTam (chocolate-covered cookie/biscuit).

Bite a bit off opposite corners, dunk in tea/coffee/hot chocolate/milk and... suck.

FAN-TAS-TIC

The Tim Tam Slam
We used to do the same thing with red vine licorices - gaaah I can't imagine doing that now as an adult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I thought I was the ONLY person to do this!

Reese's PB Cups - I nibble the chocolate around the outer edge, then eat the middle.
Nope! I'm another carrot stripping eater who saves the core for last .

Ditto for me on the PB cups - danger zone food for me because I can polish off a whole pack if it's left in front of me.

Another thing I remembered - biting down into the middle of a peanut m&m, but not enough to break the nut. This procedure required delicate precision and then you can see the cross-section of your piece of candy.

As a kid, I had a lot of time on my hands I suppose, and definitely tried to stretch out the eating experience to be enjoyed/savored as long as possible.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,600,981 times
Wow! I can't think of any weird eating rituals of mine, but I'm sure there are some. I come from a family of 5 kids and we always put olives on our fingers on holidays, which was the only time we ever had whole olives.

Hmmm...I will have to think about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink