U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:11 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,496,890 times

Advertisements

I once ate a stick of butter when I was six, does that count ? !
Seriously I can't get enough of Ritz crackers rubbed hard with a garlic clove.
It burns so good ! I am also fond of dry cottage cheese spread flat out on a plate covered with garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper and Kosher salt. Goes good with the sardines, jalapeno peppers, smoked cheddar cheese and garlic rubbed Ritz crackers !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I once ate a stick of butter when I was six, does that count ? !
Seriously I can't get enough of Ritz crackers rubbed hard with a garlic clove.
It burns so good ! I am also fond of dry cottage cheese spread flat out on a plate covered with garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper and Kosher salt. Goes good with the sardines, jalapeno peppers, smoked cheddar cheese and garlic rubbed Ritz crackers !

I think you and my hubby are brothers from another mother!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
I don't eat these foods too often, but when I do this is how it's done...
salt on my pizza
syrup and butter on biscuits
fried egg on cheese burgers
ranch dressing with french fries
soy sauce on my steak
I have been known to take a sip of the juice from the green olive jar(pickle too)
I don't like soggy bread/crackers either, with the exception of saltines in chicken noodle soup
I don't like apples, but like apple pie
I don't like cooked spinach or carrots, but love it/them raw
Im same about apples I dont like raw apples but baked, fried, or dried..luv em

I am a so so fan of tomatoes but only in small doses I dont like when there is too much tomatoe and it over powers the taste of rest of the items.

I dont like big rings of onions either same reason with the tomatoe and it drive me bonkers when salads are served with rings of onion because I want my salad ready to eat and you cant fit it on the fork with the salad leaves and other items added to the salad.

I love this thread it makes me think of odd food habits I have. Thank you to all of you who are sharing

Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,341,822 times
-Peanut butter and butter sandwiches on white bread-not toast.
-Pickles in my tunafish.
-Yellow american cheese and pickle spears.
-I drink milk with EVERYTHING, but especially love it with chinese food and pizza.
-Cannot swallow an onion if it is raw or not cooked to my "proper" consistancy, but love onion rings and french onion soup (as long as the onions are soft enough-if not, can't get them down). Hubby didn't believe this until he saw me eat something in a restaurant that had onions in it and I didn't know it. Almost threw up right at the table. LOL.
-ONLY HEINZ KETCHUP AND HELLMAN'S MAYONAISE IN MY FRIDGE.
-I don't drink a beverage during my meals-only after I'm finished eating. Mom never let us have a drink with our meals b/c we wouldn't eat the food then. Just stuck with me.

I eat my "favorite" thing on my plate last. This comes from my grandfather who always said to eat what you like best last this way when you burp afterward, that's what you taste. Disgusting, but it just stuck with me, too. LOL.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
--I don't drink a beverage during my meals-only after I'm finished eating. Mom never let us have a drink with our meals b/c we wouldn't eat the food then. Just stuck with me.
I can understand this I often get full from drinking beverage while waiting on meal at a restaurant. I also have learn avoid bread or it will fill you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
--
I eat my "favorite" thing on my plate last. This comes from my grandfather who always said to eat what you like best last this way when you burp afterward, that's what you taste. Disgusting, but it just stuck with me, too. LOL.
My grandfather did the opposite. He would make us take at least 3 bites of something we didnt like. I still dont care for turnip greens or cauliflower a few items he would apply the 3 bite rule to.
He would also push on our stomach and say "Your not full yet eat some more"

Old 01-02-2008, 04:12 PM

690 posts, read 2,354,193 times
I don't do many 'weird' food things anymore, although I did as a kid. LOVED mayo with pot roast, for example. Still do, really.

I have a friend at work who eats salmon patties/croquets with maple syrup. Never heard of that in my life. Now THAT'S weird. LOL!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM

22 posts, read 72,736 times
What can I say, I have an obsession with Texas Pete -- on EVERYTHING:
mac, & cheese, french fries, chicken, pork, fish, eggs, pizza, etc. Basically, if the taste of something doesn't suit me, hot sauce is my best friend. If the Texas Pete isn't available, anything above mild will do. In the winter months, I keep a bottle of Texas Pete in my glove compartment.

My older brother, on the other hand, has a love for vinegar. It started when he was a teenager believing it would wash out his system for before a **** test/whiz quiz (however you like to put it). Not sure if it ever worked but it kind of grew on him. Now he adds it to everything. The most odd one? Roman noodles.

I don't remember having any weird cravings while I was pregnant...I just couldn't be around italian food.

I do have some of the same habits as mentioned above, such as not drinking until I'm finished with the meal and eating my favorite thing last. No particular reason why I do those things, I just do. And the Heinz ketchup (though not a huge fan of ketchup in the first place) and Hellman's mayonaisse, yes, yes, yes!!

I'[m most picky with meat. I absolutely have to inspect EVERY piece of meat I eat. Every time a cut off a bite, I look at it from all angles to make sure it doesn't have any pink or fat in it. If there's any pink, it just isn't happening. I remember when my ex-husband would grill out and he would have to put my steaks on the grill long before his. He had to get into the habit of doing a full inspection before giving it to me, because if I cut into it and I saw pink, he'd have to get up from the dinner table correct it. Eventually he got the hang of it.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:34 PM

41 posts, read 117,275 times
If you like crispy chicken or turkey skin. Cook the foul in a brown paper bag.
Clean bird and season. Place in a brown paper bag that has been sprayed with oil spray (Pam, etc). I have also rubbed the bag with oil. Set bag on a pan that has a rack on it. Add 1-2 cups liquid (water or broth). Seal bag by rolling the end closed. Bake as you normally would. With the greasing bag does no catch on fire. Never tried it on barbecue. Don't think it would work. I have brought the oven up to 400F.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:51 PM

22 posts, read 72,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Mustard on Saltine crackers only.
After I posted my last post, I actually went into my kitchen and tried this. Not bad for a mini-snack. I also tried it with cheese (Velveeta singles). Then a tried sandwiching themustard in the cheese (saltine-cheese-mustard-cheese). Tried a saltine on the other end too, but that was a bit much for me.

I'm all about trying new things, so I'll probably try some of the other ones out on here too!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM

264 posts, read 697,435 times
I like to mix foods on my fork...or spoon. For example, I will take some mash potatoes, then dip the fork into some corn, then dip it in the gravy. The other day it was macaroni and cheese with broccoli. Nope, I don't have any problem with my foods touching, lol.

I like to dip my fries, breadsticks, and even pizza in ranch dressing; I also like dill pickles slices on my grill cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink