U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,973,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
OK Hooray! I thought of something.

All my food has to end at the same time. I have to judge my bites so that I do not eat too much of one thing (i.e. beans) and then have it run out before I finish everything else. So I eat a bite of this, and then a bite of that and then maybe two bites of something else (if there is a lot of it), so that it is all gone on the very last bite EVENLY.

And I love to eat butter cold and chunky. I always butter my toast in portions and then eat it really fast before the butter melts.

20yrsinBranson
Welcome to the Goofy Food Habit Club.

Your food-finishing routine sounds like me and Skittles. I like to eat them in an orderly fashion and end up with one of each color.

The butter thing is awfully weird, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:57 AM

22,770 posts, read 25,186,842 times
i like to pour irish cream liqueur over my ice cream.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM

149 posts, read 203,383 times
Default What interesting habits do you have when you eat food?

For example, I tend to eat my meals based on the food that I like the least to the best. This way I finish on a good note, with the most delicious parts.

A guy I know here at work will eat the crust off his sandwich first before the middle part. Basically, he eats it in a spiral. He'll do it with stuff like burgers too.

My old roomate would eat the most expensive food first in case he got full. Or if there were two foods in the fridge about to expire, he'd eat the most expensive one so there would be less monetary waste if he didn't get to the other one.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM

251 posts, read 708,092 times
I can't stand to have my food touch on a plate. I hate veggie juices running into my chicken and so forth. The meat needs to stay over there, the potatoes over there, etc. And I eat all of one thing before I move on to the next. Thanksgiving is hard for me.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,186,103 times
I don't like my foods touching.

I hate crust, so I walways eat that first.

For some reason, I notice halfway or more through, that I eat a burger around the edges first, leaving only a little bit that I hold onto. Then I eat the middle part.

French fries cannot have skin pieces on them, or any marks whatsoever. I pull those parts off and move them to the side.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,810,566 times
It's the first four of five bites of a meal that taste best to me, so I would never eat least favorite to most favorite. I just eat a bite of this and a bite of that. I can't stand to eat a hamburger when the meat patty doesn't cover the bun edge to edge. I like my first bite to have meat, so I'll take some of the bun off around the edges sometimes.

One thing that comes to mind that many might find odd is that I put a dollop of Miracle Whip on my black eyed peas. It makes them kind of creamy.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM

5,585 posts, read 802,131 times
Interesting, also some of you put a smile on my face. While I am eating, I don't do the thing about eating expensive or inexpensive food first so on & so forth, but what I do is take a bite of the main dish - which is generally some kind of meat, then I take a bite of the next item on my plate, let's say some kind of vegetable then a bite of roll or deli bread then possibly applesauce then back around to my meat again. I can have difficulty swallowing my food, so because of that I don't mind at all when juice from any type of food touches another type of food, it adds moisture to it. Funny when I eat something that is dry I tend to eat something like applesauce right away or have a drink of liquid to wash it down.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
I have to finish everything at the same time. I go crazy if I have mashed potatoes left over after I finish my steak or vice-versa, so when I eat it's a little of this....a little of that....keeping everything nice an even for the last bite. My husband drives me crazy because he will get a 'burger and fries and eat all the fries before he even touches his burger! OMG!

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,643,324 times
I don't like my food to touch, I want hot food to be really hot, and I only want a cold beverage with my meals. I don't eat off paper plates or use plastic spoons, forks, or knives. I don't cook anything that I don't like and I don't eat anything that I don't like.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,598,773 times
The only thing I can think of is that I always take a bite of veggies/salad first, otherwise, no food rules for me. I'm an outlaw!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink