U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM

15,533 posts, read 29,252,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
... I want hot food to be really hot...

Oh, I agree with you there. There is NOTHING worse than luke warm food that should have been served really, really hot.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,695,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I don't like my foods touching.

I hate crust, so I walways eat that first.

For some reason, I notice halfway or more through, that I eat a burger around the edges first, leaving only a little bit that I hold onto. Then I eat the middle part.

French fries cannot have skin pieces on them, or any marks whatsoever. I pull those parts off and move them to the side.
The above in bold is exactly what my husband does with burgers or sandwiches. he's been eating them this way since he was a kid because he said the middle is the best part. I like to mix corn and red cabbage from the jar in to my mashed potatoes. I like ketchup on broccoli and rice.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,695,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have to finish everything at the same time. I go crazy if I have mashed potatoes left over after I finish my steak or vice-versa, so when I eat it's a little of this....a little of that....keeping everything nice an even for the last bite. My husband drives me crazy because he will get a 'burger and fries and eat all the fries before he even touches his burger! OMG!

20yrsinBranson
I do the same thing eat my fries first then eat the burger. I always eat my favorite food on my plate first. I also eat my salad first before I eat my meal.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,711,359 times
I like my food cooked properly, when i say medium rare, that's what i expect, not some line from the server about e-coli.
I prefer to cook my own food, and don't eat out often...I've gotta find the cooking thread here, there must be one..

Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM

15,833 posts, read 18,460,249 times
When I'm eating breakfast out. I am very meticulous in how I butter my pancakes, each one, put catsup and tabasco on my hash browns...It seems sometimes like I spend several minutes doing all of this before eating...other than that not too much bothers me...Nothing like a great meal w/ family and friends.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM

7,154 posts, read 7,591,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I do the same thing eat my fries first then eat the burger.
I was telling my wife about this thread and the first words out of her mouth were "you habit is that you have to eat the fries before the burger"

Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM

251 posts, read 708,703 times
I am also meticulous about how I arrange the layers on a burger/ sandwich. To me the cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc have to be in a certain order or it doesn't taste as good. My family does agree that I make the best sandwiches. It drives me crazy when someone picks up a burger and flips it over to take a bite! No no no!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM

35,821 posts, read 39,387,870 times
When eating a sandwich or burger, condiments are always applied to the bun, never to the filling.

I seldom require a beverage with my meal. Am more likely to have one after.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM

4,037 posts, read 8,846,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
When eating a sandwich or burger, condiments are always applied to the bun, never to the filling.

I seldom require a beverage with my meal. Am more likely to have one after.
I agree with this, but beyond that, I can't think of anything I do. I don't eat in any order. I don't care if the food touches on the plate. I don't care if it's on paper, although I would prefer it not be. As long as the food is good, I'm good.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:02 AM

3,322 posts, read 3,566,826 times
I pull off any extra bun around the meat of my hamburger too. I figure might as well avoid any extra calories. To me, a bun is just a means to hold the hamburger without getting messy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink