Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:54 AM

185 posts, read 583,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
I just LOVE peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Also grape jelly and mayo.
I can almost overlook the jelly and and mayo thing being that I enjoy leftover turkey from Thanksgiving ,mayo and canned cranberry.
But I'm really having a hard time with the peanut butter and mayo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
I can almost overlook the jelly and and mayo thing being that I enjoy leftover turkey from Thanksgiving ,mayo and canned cranberry.
Thats just a turkey sandwich without the bread. Nothing weird about that. Mm... sounds delicious...

I always get strange looks and comments when I put ketchup on a taco. I don't think its weird. Maybe its a regional thing.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM

197 posts, read 798,330 times
I am a skeptic when it comes to food. I try to avoid food with preservatives and don't use a microwave every since I read where it changes the molecular structure of food, which could lead to cancer. Plus the consistency of certain foods change it comes they come out of the microwave, such as pizza become rubbery.

Some other weird food habits

1. Avoid food with preservatives (such as store bought breads, frozen dinners (haven't ate one in years), sodas or drinks with high fructose corn syrup.

2. Avoid soy milk and anything with soy. (Read it interferes with hormone levels and thyroid)

3. Avoid red meat and steak. (read where steak rots in the stomach and is difficult to digest).

4. Don't drink coffee and avoid caffeine.

Here are a few, if I think of some later I'll list them. Chips, crackers and crunchy stuff like that is my weakpoint, I can do without ice cream and rarely buy it because it usually goes uneaten after a eating a few times and gets freezer burn. I also switched from white rice/pasta to brown rice and wheat pasta. I drink hot lemon water in the morning.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
But I'm really having a hard time with the peanut butter and mayo!
Oh---I LOVE cranberry sauce and mayo sandwich too. After Thanksgiving add a little bit of stuffing and it is even better.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam23 View Post
1. Avoid food with preservatives (such as store bought breads, frozen dinners (haven't ate one in years), sodas or drinks with high fructose corn syrup.
You know, for a few weeks of grocery buying, I read labels as to avoid things with high fructose corn syrup. EVERYTHING has high fructose corn syrup!!! This has definitely been a big challenge for me. Even yogurt has it, which suks b'c everybody says it's so good for you and hubby and I like to eat it as snacks!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 AM

197 posts, read 798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
You know, for a few weeks of grocery buying, I read labels as to avoid things with high fructose corn syrup. EVERYTHING has high fructose corn syrup!!! This has definitely been a big challenge for me. Even yogurt has it, which suks b'c everybody says it's so good for you and hubby and I like to eat it as snacks!

Stonyfield Farm makes a yogurt without high fructose corn syrup, plus it tastes pretty good.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
I just thought of something I do that some people think is weird, although *I* think it's delicious - I put A-1 Sauce on my baked potatoes. I think A-1 Sauce is good on a lot of things, apparently. LOL!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
that's what my husband does. EWWWWW!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:16 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
Gooooo FomaHub!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
I just thought of something I do that some people think is weird, although *I* think it's delicious - I put A-1 Sauce on my baked potatoes. I think A-1 Sauce is good on a lot of things, apparently. LOL!
OMG, I love A-1 on french fries, also, Heinz 57 on fries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink