U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 PM

3,568 posts, read 3,365,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam23 View Post
Ever get a bagel w/cream cheese and they glob so much cream cheese on it it gets all over your fingers?
Yuuummm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 06:53 PM

100 posts, read 392,586 times
plain toast, bacon, and mustard sandwich-YUMMM
pizza w/ ranch dressing
Coca Cola with saltines

Old 01-08-2008, 05:34 PM

4,968 posts, read 13,996,516 times
I love kimchi and daeji bulgogi. I also like japche.

My mom's coleslaw: shredded cabbage, chopped anchovies, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. That's it! No mayonaise or whatever else people put into the traditional coleslaw.

Growing up, we'd grab a stack of saltines, crush them into a bowl, then add milk. I'm not much for cereal, it tends to taste more sweet than salty; and I'm not a fan of milk. But crackers and milk was always a hit in our family.

I'm much more of a mustard person than I am a ketchup person.

I don't like sweets or anything that taste sweet.

I too am a selective eater......I might not like a lot of things, but the things I DO like, I like A LOT!

I get pissed when people say I'm picky. If they'd like to prepare all of my meals, and buy all of my groceries, then they can have an opinion on the matter. Otherwise, they can keep their opinions to themselves.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,482,322 times
When I was a kid, my favorite after school snack was a hot ketchup sandwich. I would glob on ketchup between white bread and microwave it for about 30 seconds or so. My family would complain about how bad it smelled. I don't know why I started that, but I have outgrown that one.

I have rituals with sweet stuff... I guess so I eat it slower. Like I'll eat the edge of a peanut butter cup first, and the middle last. Or the Swiss cake rolls - I'll eat the chocolate on the outside, unroll them, eat the cream, then finish with the cake layer. I'll eat around the chocolate chips in ice cream and save them for the last bite or two. Hmm... I'm starting to think I've got OCD.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 57,222,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
When I was a kid, my favorite after school snack was a hot ketchup sandwich. I would glob on ketchup between white bread and microwave it for about 30 seconds or so. My family would complain about how bad it smelled. I don't know why I started that, but I have outgrown that one.

I have rituals with sweet stuff... I guess so I eat it slower. Like I'll eat the edge of a peanut butter cup first, and the middle last. Or the Swiss cake rolls - I'll eat the chocolate on the outside, unroll them, eat the cream, then finish with the cake layer. I'll eat around the chocolate chips in ice cream and save them for the last bite or two. Hmm... I'm starting to think I've got OCD.
You are saving the goodies for last. I have to dunk my cookies in milk. And I always loose one when the glass is too full to grab or the glass is too narrow to grab. I like to eat the shell of Nutty Butty's then stack it with others to create a bigger one. I have tried that with swiss rolls but it manages to fall apart in my efforts.

I cant eat hamburgers without mayo, mustard, ketchup and my pickle must be on the meat and not seperated by other items.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

520 posts, read 1,693,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I cant eat hamburgers without mayo, mustard, ketchup and my pickle must be on the meat and not seperated by other items.
When I make a burger, mustard must be on bottom bun, ketchup on top bun. Onions go on ketchup. Tomatos go on mustard. Thats it. Ketchup and mustard must never be mixed on the burger.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM

720 posts, read 1,241,563 times
Nacho cheese doritoes wrap in ham
chocolate frosting on saltines
sliced dill pickles on potato chips (then wash it down with pickle juice)
mayo on saltines
sauerkrat and beef meatballs

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
pasta with butter and parmesan cheese .......yummmmmmmm

Old 01-10-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
When I make a burger, mustard must be on bottom bun, ketchup on top bun. Onions go on ketchup. Tomatos go on mustard. Thats it. Ketchup and mustard must never be mixed on the burger.

You get the OCD award.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
pasta with butter and parmesan cheese .......yummmmmmmm
trade pasta for popcorn... wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink