Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM

22 posts, read 78,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
I like to mix foods on my fork...or spoon. For example, I will take some mash potatoes, then dip the fork into some corn, then dip it in the gravy. The other day it was macaroni and cheese with broccoli. Nope, I don't have any problem with my foods touching, lol.

I like to dip my fries, breadsticks, and even pizza in ranch dressing; I also like dill pickles slices on my grill cheese.

I love mixing mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy together too!! Too bad we couldn't of given that idea to KFC a couple years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 AM

690 posts, read 2,629,308 times
Quote:
My older brother, on the other hand, has a love for vinegar....Now he adds it to everything. The most odd one? Roman noodles.
I do that too!! I have never known of anyone else that did it until now, your brother. I LOVE vinegar in ramen noodles and recommend it to everyone I know that eats them. Good stuff! High five to your brother!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,303 times
When I eat a sandwich I eat the crust first and then eat it into a circle.

Up until a couple years ago, every time I ate an apple I would first eat the peel, using my front teeth as a peeler. After getting the peel off, I would smooth out the surface of the apple, also using my front teeth. Then eat I would eat the apple in a circle using very precise and clean bites.

I think I was bored as a child so I made up weird ways to eat my food.

I like to eat spaghetti sandwiches. You get your leftover spaghetti, put it on some cheap white bread, pour on some sauce and parmesan. Delicious.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:32 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
When I poured a little maple syrup as a sweetener into my coffee this morning I realized a lot of people would consider it a weird food habit. It's good!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 AM

185 posts, read 583,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
When I poured a little maple syrup as a sweetener into my coffee this morning I realized a lot of people would consider it a weird food habit. It's good!
um,yes,yes some would.(like me)
but you do take a hell of a photo! belated congrats!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM

22 posts, read 78,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJones View Post
I do that too!! I have never known of anyone else that did it until now, your brother. I LOVE vinegar in ramen noodles and recommend it to everyone I know that eats them. Good stuff! High five to your brother!
I've personally never tried it -- probably because we hated each other so much growing up that I wouldn't touch anything he made, lol. When I was younger, Raman Noodles was the only thing I was allowed to make on the stove, and I had to put several slices of cheese in it. Now I can barely get close to it, because I ate so much of it back then. On very rare occasions I'll eat it as a last resort. Seeing that my brother and I actually get along now and I don't have to fear his food, I may sneak a bite next time he makes it. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
um,yes,yes some would.(like me)
but you do take a hell of a photo! belated congrats!
ya ya ya, I know, weird. Your turn. What weird stuff do you eat? And thanks. The books I ordered with the gift certificate came today.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM

185 posts, read 583,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
ya ya ya, I know, weird. Your turn. What weird stuff do you eat? And thanks. The books I ordered with the gift certificate came today.
OK OK I thought about this for awhile, and thought to myself "*humf* nothing?"
Then it hit me.... like a ton a bricks.
I actually get cravings for ........omg, I can't believe I'm going to admit this:
Spagetti'Os ! (and I actually take the time to grate fresh parm. cheese on it)

I am of Italian heritage and when family comes to visit I hide the cans! They would disown me! Disgrace the family name!
(well ,then again Spagetti'Os is NOT Italian food) though I know some people who would fight me on this.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,628,484 times
The kids and I choke every time he eats this, but once a year or so my husband makes himself a mayonnaise and peanut butter sandwich. He also likes ketchup on his ham and tops his pancakes with fried eggs AND syrup.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:38 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,102 times
I love putting chips or fries on my turkey or ham sandwiches or burgers.[/quote]

Reminds me too that I put potato chips and mustard on my bologna sandwiches (has to be white bread, though)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink