Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,528,594 times

Advertisements

I love Brussel sprouts, trying to find new ways to cook them, any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 AM

979 posts, read 3,820,438 times
All I know is that I love them with butter and lemon.
Maybe try these?? They sound delicious! :

Golden-Crusted Brussels Sprouts Recipe - 101 Cookbooks

Recipes : Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon : Food Network

They Will Eat Them...bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Recipe | Recipezaar

Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,528,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Bacon and parmesean sounds good!!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,745,381 times
This is a fascinating thread! I've picked up some great new ideas for snacks!

Some of my 'interesting' combos are:
>> peanut butter and pickle relish on toast
>> french fries on salad (I believe this is called a Pittsburg salad)
>> peanut butter in a bowl of chicken soup
>> salt & pepper on cottage cheese (is that one weird? Doesn't seem that weird to me.)
>> a little bit of dark, bittersweet chocolate melted into beef gravy for pot roast. No one knows what it is, they just remark at how gooood this gravy is!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,169,774 times
[quote=jillz;2733600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I can't deal with ketchup, mustard or mayonaise ... even the smells or if it gets on my hands when I dispense it to

Mayonaise freaks me out for some reason. I cannot smell it, touch it, eat it without the old gag reflex kicking in. My family wonders if someone tortured me with mayo when I was young . My husband warns me when the mayo is out of the fridge so I don't come in the kitchen and get grossed out (he also rinses off the knife or whatever he uses). I knew he was a keeper when he could order me a sandwhich and it didn't have this stuff on it. I have met many people with the same mayo issues so there MUST be something evil about it.
This made me laugh, I feel the same way about mayonnaise. (I had to go look at the jar because we both misspelled and it, I had to turn the jar and it was awful, I feared mayo "residue" might get on me). I have no problem with the individual ingredients, but put them together to make that stuff and I can't be anywhere near it. I was stuck at a conference once and I was starving, but all they served were pre mayoed sandwiches, I tried to eat it but I couldn't do it so I had to wait another four hours to eat.

I love ketchup on fries, burgers and hot dogs, but I can't tolerate it anywhere else and it grosses me out if it gets on my hands or I have to clean it off the counter, weird.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:49 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,240,963 times
My husband will only eat pasta with crushed ritz crackers on it, and he has to have potato chips crunched up in his pork and beans.

I too love spam and cheese sandwiches, but with a slice of cheese on toast, then nuked to make it soggy : )
I have an addiction to smores indoor or outdoor, hmm what else...Oh yeah, gotta mix the corn and mashed potatoes and I WILL NOT eat warm wet lettuce, raisins no matter where they are, or licorice.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:23 AM

979 posts, read 3,820,438 times
[quote=jillz;2733600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I can't deal with ketchup, mustard or mayonaise ... even the smells or if it gets on my hands when I dispense it to

Mayonaise freaks me out for some reason. I cannot smell it, touch it, eat it without the old gag reflex kicking in. My family wonders if someone tortured me with mayo when I was young . My husband warns me when the mayo is out of the fridge so I don't come in the kitchen and get grossed out (he also rinses off the knife or whatever he uses). I knew he was a keeper when he could order me a sandwhich and it didn't have this stuff on it. I have met many people with the same mayo issues so there MUST be something evil about it.
That is hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFLGal View Post
My husband will only eat pasta with crushed ritz crackers on it, and he has to have potato chips crunched up in his pork and beans.

I too love spam and cheese sandwiches, but with a slice of cheese on toast, then nuked to make it soggy : )
I have an addiction to smores indoor or outdoor, hmm what else...Oh yeah, gotta mix the corn and mashed potatoes and I WILL NOT eat warm wet lettuce, raisins no matter where they are, or licorice.
I think this my favoriye subject so far. I'm cracking up and also getting some new food ideas! Like this one for instance. Ritz on pasta??? That sound delicious!!! Reminds of like a mac and cheese with crumbles on top. The pasta sound tasty tasty too!!! Soggy sandwiches cracks me up too. Wouldn't eat it but still funny none the less.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,169,774 times
Domergurl, you are so lucky your husband rinses the mayo knife, my BF never does HE LEAVES IT SITTING ON THE COUNTER

Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,387,296 times
When I was a kid I loved Whipped cream and potato chip sandwiches on wonder bread.

I cannot think of anything that could be worse for you.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,935,362 times
I hate mayo also. I love mustard. Ketchup I only like on certain things, mainly fries. I hate ketchup on hamburgers (and ketchup should never be put on hot dogs whether you like ketchup or not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink