Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 11:47 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,771,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
They do that in Canada, I about gagged the first time I saw anyone doing that.
It actually wasn't bad.
And they put cheese curd thingees on top to meltPoutene (sp)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 AM

67 posts, read 304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhead View Post
3. I often eat one item at a time until completion from my plate, then move on to the next item, and then the next, etc.
4. With rare exception, I don't like my various food selections to touch (contaminate) each other (see item 3). Those divided cafeteria-type plates come in handy.
You must be my long lost twin. I used to get so much flack for these, especially the finishing one thing at a time quirk. One year my aunt got me an economy sized package of those divided plates for my birthday; best gift ever.

I used to love making really thin instant mashed potatoes, to the point that it resembled soup more than solid food. I also nibble away the caramel on a Twix bar first, then eat the cookie part.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,164,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Once in a great while I like french fries dipped in brown gravy. I feel my heart struggle while I'm eating them though.
There's a great old country restaurant I go to occasionally. When you order fries with gravy they ask you "Beef, chicken or turkey?"

I like dill and bread&butter pickles. When finishing off a jar, I too like to drink the juice.

I like rice and gravy. At the work cafeteria I would get a bowl of rice and a bowl of bean or lentil soup (lima bean - my favorite) and pour some of the soup into the rice. I also like to add a small bag of Fritos to a bowl of bean soup (no rice). Isn't there a Michigan thing, "Frito Pie" which is a small can of chili poured into a bag of Fritos?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:21 PM

378 posts, read 1,648,084 times
Corn chips and mashed potatoes. Yum, Yum.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,457,207 times
For the ketchup lovers: have you ever tried Japanese Om-Rice? It is fried rice made with a ketchup sauce,then wrapped in an omelet with more ketchup on top. I discovered this while visiting Japan and found a very accurate recipe on the Internet when I returned home. YUM!

I also went through a phase where I ate Bisquick baking mix straight from a spoon. It was slightly salty and just good. They must have changed the formula because it doesn't taste as good now.
I put sugar on my sliced tomatoes instead of the usual salt.
My husband ate butter and green onion sandwiches as a child.
My sister ate Miracle Whip and grape sandwiches. Not bad, but the grapes tend to fall off even when cut in half.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,010,396 times
Oooh...I have lots of strange eating habits.. lol

Everybody says my Banana and Miracle Whip sandwhiches are strange...
I also hate icing and will scrape it off the cake every single time.
I dissect my sandwhiches. I'll take one bite the normal way, then I'll pick apart the sandwhich and eat it piece by piece (i.e top bun, then burger/meat, then cheese, etc)
I eat raw oatmeal, straight out of the package.

It bugs me to see my food touching or mixing together on a plate.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,247,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
For the ketchup lovers: have you ever tried Japanese Om-Rice? It is fried rice made with a ketchup sauce,then wrapped in an omelet with more ketchup on top. I discovered this while visiting Japan and found a very accurate recipe on the Internet when I returned home. YUM!

I also went through a phase where I ate Bisquick baking mix straight from a spoon. It was slightly salty and just good. They must have changed the formula because it doesn't taste as good now.
I put sugar on my sliced tomatoes instead of the usual salt.
My husband ate butter and green onion sandwiches as a child.
My sister ate Miracle Whip and grape sandwiches. Not bad, but the grapes tend to fall off even when cut in half.

Share the recipe? Pretty please????

Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,247,007 times
This is a great thread! Way to go arod!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 PM

113 posts, read 561,981 times
1. peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I was introduced to this in college, gave the requisite "are you insane?" look, then I tried it. Heaven.

2. I dunk french fries into strawberry milkshakes, then eat them. Only strawberry, I have no idea why. It's delicious though. Does anyone still have a Johnny Rockets near them? That's the BEST place, bar none, to try this.

3. I, too, take apart my sandwiches after a bite or two. I generally just eat the middle and a few bites of the bread. It's been like this since forever.

4. If I have two drinks -- say, iced tea and water, I drink them down to the same level at the same time. I don't even realize I'm doing it. For example, I'll never have a nearly full glass of water with an empty glass of tea.

I know I have more! Hmmm...

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 PM

873 posts, read 1,585,228 times
My friends and co-workers tease me because I order sandwiches and hamburgers and leave the bread on the plate. They've suggested I just order what's inside the bun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink