U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,308,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its not like I dont care for my own cooking, I used to cook professionally, and love my own cooking! I think what it is, I just get tired of being the only one that cooks. My husband is a wonderful cook, but I have spoiled him rotten, so he rarely does anymore. I think I just would like to be spoiled once in a while myself, does that make sense?
Yes it does. I like to do special meals butI dont like to cook everyday. Huz isnt here right now but when he was I got tired of being the one responsible for deciding what we ate. Even if I didnt cook. Huz will eat anything. Heck he'll eat stuff I wont eat. But still it gets old.

Have you told him this. Maybe he thinks you like to cook. Or worse maybe he thinks you dont want to give up control of the kitchen. is there something he fixes that you really like. Ask him to make it for you. A lot of men arent self starters. They have to be primed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 07:27 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,639,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Yes it does. I like to do special meals butI dont like to cook everyday. Huz isnt here right now but when he was I got tired of being the one responsible for deciding what we ate. Even if I didnt cook. Huz will eat anything. Heck he'll eat stuff I wont eat. But still it gets old.

Have you told him this. Maybe he thinks you like to cook. Or worse maybe he thinks you dont want to give up control of the kitchen. is there something he fixes that you really like. Ask him to make it for you. A lot of men arent self starters. They have to be primed.
I think that is going to be my New Years resolution! I love what you said about being primed! Just like a pump,lol! Either he gets busy, or he is gonna be eating a whole lot of rice, which he dislikes.
Thanks, Cecilia_Rose, have a great New Years!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:34 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,085,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
My question here is, do you enjoy your own cooking? Although I love to cook, I tend not to eat my own food. It's frustrating. I made a big stew the other day and have yet to try any of it. Instead, I'm back to eating cheese and crackers all day.

Does anyone else have this problem?
It depends on what I've cooked. There are some things, like my lasagna, or my Mexican dishes, that I like a great deal, and have no problem eating them. On the other hand, if I fix something like Swedish Meatballs, well, that's strictly for my husband, as I don't even like them, (although, he assures me I make them just like his step-grandmother, whose recipe I use). Some things, like stew, I will eat occasionally, but sometimes I'll skip it.

Now, when it comes to baking, which I like to do better than cooking, there's not much I'll pass up, more's the pity!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,067,025 times
I was able to eat my own Hamburger Helper.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 PM

2,408 posts, read 9,669,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I prefer eating food that other people cook. I wish I had a friend to share cooking duties with.
Cooking for one doesn't really seem worth it. I'm trying to have people over for meals so that the effort isn't wasted. I like sampling other peoples cooking and very much enjoy pot luck dinner parties.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:05 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,067,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
Cooking for one doesn't really seem worth it. I'm trying to have people over for meals so that the effort isn't wasted. I like sampling other peoples cooking and very much enjoy pot luck dinner parties.
You're right, Jinxie, cooking for one is no fun.

I need to find some hungry friends, I guess.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
miu

16,475 posts, read 33,447,811 times
I love my own cooking! I also enjoy the rituals that go along with cooking. The selection and shopping of the ingredients, the chopping, the tasting and the adjustment of the spices. But I still enjoy eating out.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,589,902 times
I prefer to do my own cooking.
I don't like strangers touching my food.
I hate to eat in restaurants.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:42 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,911,959 times
Basically I cook out of necessity. When my kids still lived at home I did enjoy cooking for them. Especially my son---he could eat a ton and loved my cooking. But I've never really eaten much of my own cooking except out of necessity. I think I am burned-out. Cooking has been mainly my job. Seems the food all taste the same even though it is all different. My husband does cook now and again NOW since he works from home. I enjoy eating what he cooks. Just to many years of having to figure out "what" to have for dinner, shopping for it, cooking it and then cleaning up after it. Like any other job some people just get tired of it. My husband did give me a year off so to speak. He cooked lots during last year then we moved and had to eat out for 6 months while we remodeled our kitchen. That is probably the ONLY reason I have been even getting somewhat interested in cooking again. Don't know how long it will last though...

Last edited by cynwldkat; 12-31-2007 at 07:57 AM..

Old 12-31-2007, 07:43 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,453,496 times
I understand what you are getting at. I do most of the cooking in my family now. Yes I enjoy my food but I think it almost always tastes better when my husband cooks. I think it is a mental thing for me. Knowing he put the effort into the meal and I didn't have to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink