U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 AM

11,701 posts, read 16,457,103 times

Advertisements

All that excitement about a .99 breakfast. Next time check it before you drive off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 10:44 AM

917 posts, read 969,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
All that excitement about a .99 breakfast. Next time check it before you drive off.
I just check to make sure everything is in the bag. There was a long line behind me... It was right before work..I am not going to hold up a line and I am not going to unwrap it to make sure it was cooked correctly. And because its .99 (it wasnt.. it was close to 5.00 but thats not the point) it shouldnt be cooked correctly?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM

14,072 posts, read 20,148,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
I did something similar to that once. I was at Chilis and we had a young waiter. He was attentive and on top of his game. A snobby young girl (probably about 12) and her dad were at the table next to us. The girl was almost finished with her hamburger when she had a hissy fit saying it wasnt what she ordered and the meat wasnt cooked the way she requested. The dad went off on the waiter and said he was refusing to pay and demanded a manager. The manager went over and told them the meal was on him and to pick any dessert. This seemed to have bothered the waiter when clearly this people were just trying to get free food. We spoke to the manager and said he was a great waiter and left him a 30.00 tip!!
I can't tell you how many times people have done this where they eat almost all the food and then complain. My manager never comped the food. You know within the first two/three bites if it's not what you ordered. You choose to almost eat it all, you pay for it...

Old 10-23-2014, 11:02 AM

4,749 posts, read 6,150,756 times
No, but I've had to send some undercooked burgers back at Wendy's before. I don't hesitate to do that anywhere. I do not want e. coli in my family!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:42 PM

917 posts, read 969,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
No, but I've had to send some undercooked burgers back at Wendy's before. I don't hesitate to do that anywhere. I do not want e. coli in my family!
My sausage tasted a bit burnt as soon as I bit into it. I checked it and it was burnt on a few sides and wasnt fully cooked. I noticed the woman in front of me was ordering for everyone in the office since they gave her a bunch of bags and drinks. The line behind me was about 4 cars so my guess is they were rushing and just didnt cook it correctly but still no excuse..

Old 10-23-2014, 12:49 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,731,720 times
I call up BK, McD's, Taco Johns on the daily. Just to chat and let them know what kind of products I'd like to see in the future.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:06 PM

25,410 posts, read 14,500,015 times
I almost did once a few months ago. The local Taco Bells have a campaign with free tacos if the Diamondbacks a score of six or better. I got the tacos and I asked for no lettuce and got lettuce, ask for fixing it got lettuce again, asked again and got no lettuce but stale taco shells. I was not hungry anymore. I really thought of complaining to corporate but I didn't.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:22 PM

2,969 posts, read 3,762,829 times
Fast food is pretty good up here except in the hygiene department. i.e dirty tables are the last priority.\

A Subway manager describes franchising as "legalized extortion"!! If you have a problem, the quality control often ends with local management. i.e. I received, both times in a month, a potato patty from Tim Hortons up here that not only was misshapen, but tasted like it was cooked in herring gut oil. None of the attendants or the manager knew what to do with it.

What you do is enclose it in an envelope and send it to your local head office to speak to the supplier. All I got were strange looks.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:49 PM

3,313 posts, read 3,312,817 times
I got a small fry at McDonald's and it was small, alright. Seemed to me like they only filled the bag up halfway. But I'm way too wimpy to say anything.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:55 PM

1,007 posts, read 812,386 times
No I have never called. I would send it back if I was still there and it was either gross or not what I ordered. I had a friend who used to call the corporate office of companies whenever he was dissatisfied. He got all kinds of coupons for free stuff by doing that. I haven't had many problems with fast food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink