U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:40 PM

11,161 posts, read 6,642,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just wanted to give an atta a boy to our local Steak n Shake. If you have one near you, you should try it. It is semi-fast food, although they do have a drive thru. We can get two double, or triple, burgers (which actually look like meat) with nice crispy fries and a milkshake (too huge for one person) for about $12.
We used to go to Steak n Shake whenever we were wanting quick burgers, but the last few times we went the fries always came out cold. Then the last two times we got mint cookie and cream shakes they forgot the cookies crumbles. To compensate for the mistake, they always put extra pumps of the mint syrup in the shakes. They just end up tasting artificial and gross, and I couldn't drink them. They've just gone down hill around here, and the quality isn't what it used to be. Even when they were good, we'd always have problems with them trying to over charge us on our bill, so that was always argue that the menu doesn't say anything about an up charge for onion rings and it shouldn't just be a given that they cost more (just one example of being over charged).

Now we just go to culvers when we want quick burgers. The food is always hot, and a much better quality then Steak n Shake. Its a little further away, but worth the extra time. Plus we don't have to pay extra (tip) when we eat inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 01:53 PM

69,490 posts, read 79,724,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I've called the local Taco Bell before for a missing taco. They credited me for next time as long as I mentioned the mgr's name. I always check while in the drive-thru now. Sorry to the cars behind me who have to wait an extra 20 seconds.

I've also called the local McD's before for missing an egg in a Sausage Egg McMuffin. They offered the same thing - replacement on next visit.
Many companies will make it right as a good PR measure but there are times when people make a mountain out of a mole hill. If I eat at a fast food drive thru I do not expect much. If I were inside and the meat was not edible cause it was undercooked, I might take it back to the counter. If I did the drive thru, got to my destination and was not satisfied I would just let it go.

Unsettomati: yes, I read the post, I still say: if you cant' complain at the time, regardless it isn't worth the hassle to complain later. It is face to face or forget it. There are things in life worth worrying about, there are times when fighting the battle is worth it, an overcooked or undercooked breakfast sandwich is one of them in my opinion. What is the saying "don't worry about the little stuff"

Old 10-27-2014, 06:04 PM

16,968 posts, read 19,765,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't find that to be an odd question. I think Subway is one of the few sandwich places that doesn't slice their meat in the back. Blimpies, Picklemans, Jersey Mike's, etc all slice their meat in house, and they're not a deli.
I don't think it's odd either but it is ridiculous to think people don't know that.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:19 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,449,783 times
The minute I notice something askew (I check), I return to the counter, ask for a manager, return the food, and ask for my money back. I want no more food, no phonecalls, no coupons, no freebies, just the money back. The manager needs to know when the food (fast food or not) is not prepared correctly. Just recently, my sweetie and I ordered a dish of hot Buffalo wings and they were raw inside (hurl, spit, gag!), but I returned them immediately for a refund. Never will I eat there again.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:53 PM

21,584 posts, read 26,243,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
I just check to make sure everything is in the bag. There was a long line behind me... It was right before work..I am not going to hold up a line and I am not going to unwrap it to make sure it was cooked correctly. And because its .99 (it wasnt.. it was close to 5.00 but thats not the point) it shouldnt be cooked correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
All 3 of my sons do not like lettuce, tomato, mayo or mustard or pickles on their food. I cannot count how many times I have ordered them food time and tell them not to include the things I just said they don't like. Then we drive away only to find out waaaay down the road that they put that stuff on it and they refuse to eat it. So now I stop in the parking area before we leave so they can check if their order is right or not. If not they go in themselves and get what they want. As far as calling, I have had a few times where we went through the drive-thru at KFC and then came home to find out our order is wrong. They have all been situations where they messed up so bad I had to drive back and get our proper order.
Probably getting the wrong order or not everything I ordered is the most common error I have had with fast food. It always seems to be at the drive-thru window, too. DH and I check every order before we drive away to make sure it is correct and complete. It only takes a few seconds and it can be corrected on the spot. Sorry if it holds up the line.

I have discovered the best thing to do with burgers that you want with fewer toppings is to ask for the burger plain, then have them add what you want. That seems to work better than telling them to subtract what you do not want.

I had one order recently where I got the wrong sandwich. Rather than going around to the drive-thru again, I went inside. The guy who got my sandwich was there, too. Although it took a while, we both got the right sandwiches and a free dessert.

I just remembered one episode a long time ago. I did go to the inside counter to order. There was one customer in front of me as I got into line. The girl behind the counter took that person's order and then went into the back of the store. Knowing she had seen me, I waited ... and waited ... until it became clear she was not coming back. When I complained to the person behind the other register, I finally got to place my order. When I got my sandwich, it looked like it had been run over with a steamroller. I got another sandwich, but I did not eat there again. I had to get back to work (half my lunch time was already gone), so I did not ask for a manager. The counter girl said the manager told her to close the register. To close it with a customer in line does not sound like a good business practice to me.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM

917 posts, read 975,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Probably getting the wrong order or not everything I ordered is the most common error I have had with fast food. It always seems to be at the drive-thru window, too. DH and I check every order before we drive away to make sure it is correct and complete. It only takes a few seconds and it can be corrected on the spot. Sorry if it holds up the line.

I have discovered the best thing to do with burgers that you want with fewer toppings is to ask for the burger plain, then have them add what you want. That seems to work better than telling them to subtract what you do not want.

I had one order recently where I got the wrong sandwich. Rather than going around to the drive-thru again, I went inside. The guy who got my sandwich was there, too. Although it took a while, we both got the right sandwiches and a free dessert.

I just remembered one episode a long time ago. I did go to the inside counter to order. There was one customer in front of me as I got into line. The girl behind the counter took that person's order and then went into the back of the store. Knowing she had seen me, I waited ... and waited ... until it became clear she was not coming back. When I complained to the person behind the other register, I finally got to place my order. When I got my sandwich, it looked like it had been run over with a steamroller. I got another sandwich, but I did not eat there again. I had to get back to work (half my lunch time was already gone), so I did not ask for a manager. The counter girl said the manager told her to close the register. To close it with a customer in line does not sound like a good business practice to me.
I order mine with no lettuce or no tomatoes. If they put them on, I dont go back and complain. I take them off and toss em. Pretty simple...

Old 11-01-2014, 09:36 AM

9,599 posts, read 20,512,817 times
For me to complain about anything in retail it would have to be terrible. I'll post a bad review for food poisoning but that's about it. If my order is badly messed up I will request a correction but I don't get pushy about it. They get paid minimum wage, not $25 an hour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink