Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:29 AM

255 posts, read 451,370 times

Advertisements

How about Cheetos and coke?

Other favorites (heavy on the cheese):

Cold Cereal with Bananas or other fruit

Vanilla yogurt with fruit and topped with granola

Kraft Mac and Cheese

Scrambled eggs and toast

Homemade Egg 'McMuffins' with just eggs and cheese on toasted English muffins

Mushroom and cheese omelet

Baked (microwaved 10 mins.) russet potatoes w/broccoli steamed in microwave (6 mins.) w/sour cream and/or butter/margarine. Season w/cajun seasoning and xtra lemon for broccoli

Scrambled eggs, cheese and salsa in warmed corn tortillas

Quesadillas with just cheese and salsa or add pieces of chicken or beef if on hand

Frozen ravioli or other pasta with jarred sauce of choice, parmesan cheese

Trader Joe's lemon pappardelli with can of drained oil packed tuna and cooked peas, xtra lemon juice

Nachos, even just plain cheese and salsa, microwave 30 seconds - perfect

Tostitos 'Scoops' with cottage cheese and green Tabasco sauce

PB and J or Honey sandwich on toast - banana optional

Fresh baked store bought French bread with butter

Various kinds of canned soups - love the Campbell's Buffalo Style Kickin Chicken

Frozen meal of choice - keep in freezer at all times

Frozen chicken patties cooked in toaster oven w/cheese on buttered toast

Quick and dirty sandwich - sliced turkey between two pieces of bread, best on buttered toast

I'm glad this thread was started. I'm going to make a list with my favorties and others suggestions for those times that I'm brain dead and/or exhausted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 06:32 AM

366 posts, read 432,932 times
even though it takes a little effort, but not much, I like to fry up burger meat, add some jarred gravy and onions, and throw it on rice with a side of green beans.

For breakfast, it is usually microwave oatmeal and toast.

for lunch, just a simple sandwich and maybe soup

Old 11-06-2014, 07:59 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Hard boiled eggs and some extra sharp cheddar cheese. Cheese must be cut from a block. Definitely no individual wrapped slices, (UGH)

Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 AM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Love View Post
I think I have to unsubscribe to this thread. Every time I read everyone's post I get HUNGRY. LOL
Same here!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 AM

51 posts, read 60,700 times
Breakfast: plain oatmeal with sliced almonds and cinnamon, a piece of fruit, yogurt
Lunch or dinner: a sandwich, a sweet potato, a piece of fruit, and maybe some hummus

Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Default TOASTED cheese sandwiches

Many of you have mentioned grilled cheese sandwiches. Have you discovered the pleasures/virtues of TOASTED cheese sandwiches? I learned this from a James Beard cookbook. Take two pieces of toast, drop a handful of shredded cheese on one, mash the other down, give it 30 seconds in the microwave. A nice, nongreasy version of "grilled".

Old 11-06-2014, 12:31 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Many of you have mentioned grilled cheese sandwiches. Have you discovered the pleasures/virtues of TOASTED cheese sandwiches? I learned this from a James Beard cookbook. Take two pieces of toast, drop a handful of shredded cheese on one, mash the other down, give it 30 seconds in the microwave. A nice, nongreasy version of "grilled".
I actually do toasted cheese sandwiches all the time but differently than yours.

I lightly toast 2 pieces of bread. Slide out tray (only toaster ovens work for this) sprinkle cheese on both pieces. Slide back track and set on broil. When the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, take out and eat open face or put together.

YUM. I also add provo to one side and salami to the other and toast till both are sizzling delicious, put together and eat.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Eng muffin with butter and almost anything...tunafish,
eggsalad or peanut butter and cream cheese together, mmm.
Tomato, bacon (I pre make it), onion, cheese...whatever
I have around...and tomato soup with onion flakes, bl pepper, wine and parmesan.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM

340 posts, read 645,577 times
Spaghetti-O's and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:37 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Cereal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink