Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 09:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

A thick slice of liverwurst and a thick slice of cream cheese on a toasted onion bagel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default I am in-store getting a ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Anchovies. On pizza. In salads. Mmmmmmm. Delicious.

double anchovies covered pizza I ordered and this guy besides me said, "Phew!" "How can you stand that?"

And I said to him, "Here, have a piece." He declined.

Asked and answered.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I grew up eating mayonnaise and banana sandwiches because my mother is a Southerner and this is what they often do.

When I was growing up, up north around Washington D.C., banana sandwiches with peanut butter were the norm, and they thought the mayo and banana combo was really bizarre and gross (it's actually good, but you have to like mayonnaise.)

Also, we eat livermush here in North Carolina and until I tried it, just the name of it sounded so icky (calves liver makes me gag), but it's really good, nothing like calves or chicken livers, kind of like scrapple (except some people put grape jelly on their livermush sandwiches, and I think THAT is gross.)
'Nanner sandwiches are an absolute MUST have... add some peanut butter... yumm...
It MUST have mayo on it - the question is, how did you slice the banana? long ways, or a bunch of small circles? I did mine long ways... ya'll are making me HUNGRY!

Old 11-21-2014, 12:22 PM

86 posts, read 96,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaSoup View Post
peanut butter and sharp cheddar on toast.

peanut butter and bacon on toast

peanut butter on scrambled eggs (or put the eggs on the first version of the toast above)
I'll add a few more, odd and common, PB combos...
PB on a cheese burger. Sometimes bacon cheese burger. Lettuce, tomato, and onion too.
PB on waffles with syrup.
PB and banana sammich.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:58 AM

607 posts, read 1,402,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
'Nanner sandwiches are an absolute MUST have... add some peanut butter... yumm...
It MUST have mayo on it - the question is, how did you slice the banana? long ways, or a bunch of small circles? I did mine long ways... ya'll are making me HUNGRY!
OH YEAH!!!!

Toasted white bread spread with mayo, then sliced (round way) ripe banana and a layer of peanut butter. Mmmmm mmmm!

Yep - born and raised in eastern NC.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Plain yogurt. They kid me at work about it and make faces. It's just an acquired taste I tell them.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:12 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
I like canned sardines packed in oil.

I also add a heaping tsp of coconut oil into my hot cereal - healthy and GOOD!

Old 11-23-2014, 06:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Some people think that okra is slimy and gross. I think it's divine.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Some people think that okra is slimy and gross. I think it's divine.
Sweet, you stole my thunder!

I love okra.

I prepare it different ways ... with lemon and butter, or a creamy black peppercorn sauce, or even "Italian Style" with a tomato marinara sauce and melted mozzarella and provolone on top!

Old 11-24-2014, 02:32 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
A thick slice of liverwurst and a thick slice of cream cheese on a toasted onion bagel.
This sounds good ..... gonna try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Plain yogurt. They kid me at work about it and make faces. It's just an acquired taste I tell them.
Turks often have plain homemade yogurt on the side at meals, and use it like a condiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink