Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 05:51 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times

Advertisements

Snickers, Hershey's, Kit Kat are what comes to mind. I like the regular, original flavors. Hate those new dark ones or any additional flavors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 06:48 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Clark Bars. Lucky for me they don't seem to be available where I live now.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:55 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Clark Bars. Lucky for me they don't seem to be available where I live now.
If im not mistaken arent those pretty much the same as butterfingers?

Old 12-13-2014, 08:01 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
If im not mistaken arent those pretty much the same as butterfingers?
Nope - not even close. Clark bars are better by far.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:00 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
Tuesday I went grocery shopping and bought 5 Twix candy bars. They were on sale 5 for $4.00. My intentions were to put them in a stocking for Christmas but I have already eaten 3 of them! I should have known not to buy my favorite candy bar and think I could hang on to them until Christmas. Now I remember why I hardly ever buy them. I just cannot resist them.

So what is your favorite candy bar?
When I was very young it was Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. As I grew older it became Snickers Bars.

Now my favorite candy is one that I make on special occasions, almonds covered in honey and stuffed into a date.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 PM

194 posts, read 273,207 times
The OLD twix peanut butter bar. The cookie was shortbread not the nasty thing it is now.

Twin Bing way way better than cherry mash!!

https://www.palmercandy.com/our-prod...type=twin-bing

And Valomilk are the best in EVER. Can't even describe.......Cracker Barrel has them.

Valomilk Old Fashioned Candy | Chocolate Old Fashioned Candy Cups

Old 12-14-2014, 03:52 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Nope - not even close. Clark bars are better by far.
I agree, but it's been awhile since I had a Clark Bar because they aren't sold west of the Mississippi (although fans can order them from several online sources, including the ubiquitous Amazon). I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived for many years in Pittsburgh, so I've eaten more than my fair share of Clark Bars for this lifetime. The candy bar was created in 1886 by Irish immigrant David L. Clark in Pittsburgh. His original formula is still used today even though the bar is now manufactured by NECCO.

His company also developed the Zagnut, a candy bar made of a kind of peanut brittle, dusted in cocoa and covered with toasted coconut. Zagnut bars are said to be one of the candies most often sent to Iraq and Afghanistan because it has no chocolate to melt. That candy bar is now made by Hershey's.

Butterfingers was invented in 1923 by the Curtiss Candy Company in Chicago. My guess is they were copying the already popular Clark Bar. That company and its candy recipes were sold numerous times, too. In 1990, Nestlé, a Swiss multinational food and beverage company, bought Baby Ruth and Butterfinger from RJ Reynolds. To me, that's one of the things wrong with the current Butterfingers. It's made with Nestlé chocolate, never my favorite. The chocolate that covered a Clark Bar was darker.

The building on Pittsburgh's North Side that housed the D.L. Clark Candy Company for generations is now the home of the Clark Bar and Grill, a popular sports bar located near Heinz Field and PNC Park.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:33 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,127,110 times
My favorite cady is several See's options in Dark Chocolate. Bu tcandy bars woukld be Moiunds Bars, Hershey dark chocolte, and Milky Way (dark chocolate).

Old 12-14-2014, 04:36 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
My child puts Clark, Zagnut, and Chick-O-Stick in my Christmas stocking.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:22 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
Of currently available candy bars I like caramel Almond Joy, Twix, Milky Way and M&Ms. I don't like regular Hershey bars, but I do like the milk chocolate Symphony in the red wrapper.

My absolute, most favorite candy bar got discontinued in the early 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_JNIAYCJeI

Unlike most peanut butter in candy bars that's all hard in a dry lump, the PBMax had peanut butter just like you would scoop out of a jar and spread on a sandwich. Apparently it got the axe because the Mars family didn't like peanut butter. RIP PBMax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink