U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,300,311 times

Advertisements

I have only been to this restaurant once, but was absolutely blown away by the meal. It is a pretty popular place in Chicago called Blackbird that I went to for lunch one day a few months ago. I went with the 3 course menu I believe (you chose between one appetizer, one entree, and one desert between 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 2 deserts). This was New American place and the plates were pretty small. I wasn't hungry after the meal though at it was pretty affordable for the quality of food (I think with tax and tip it was 44 dollars). The textures, and flavors were like nothing I had really thought of before, and I consider myself quite a bit of a foodie. The only complaint about the place was that the tables were pretty close together but I was smiling from ear to ear because of the food by the time the desert came out! I'd recommend it to anyone in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM

16,584 posts, read 32,635,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
A pastrami omelet? Never heard of one, but it sounds fab. I'm sure I'd love it. Sounds like Brandon's makes a great breakfast!
It's a popular omelet filling here in So Cal. Actually, it's pastrami and cheddar. Can't forget the cheesy goodness.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Almost all of my favorite restaurants here have closed within the past 2 years.
We have really, really been hit hard by the economic downturn.
Right now, my fave seems to be in my kitchen.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times
Chama Gaucha brazillian buffet in San Antonio, TX.

I'm not normally gung-ho on meats; I mean, I like a decent cheeseburger and I can appreciate a juicy steak, and bacon is my weakness. That's pretty much the extent of my enjoyment of beef.

But I gorged at this place. Fillet mignon medallions, bloody on the inside, charred on the outside, and wrapped with crisp bacon right off the skewer. These puppies melted in my mouth; I've never eaten anything so delectable. Except maybe the grilled pineapple that came right behind that skewer. Or possibly the seared pork loin. I lost track of how many bits and pieces of meat I ate that night. And pineapple. That stuff was amazing. And it was all you can eat. And, they brought the skewers to you, fresh from the grill. You just sat there and binged. They just keep bringing it - multiple waiters making circles of the room and back to the grill for another skewer. All for one price.

I've never seen or tasted anything like it.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 PM

39,357 posts, read 14,429,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Chama Gaucha brazillian buffet in San Antonio, TX.

I'm not normally gung-ho on meats; I mean, I like a decent cheeseburger and I can appreciate a juicy steak, and bacon is my weakness. That's pretty much the extent of my enjoyment of beef.

But I gorged at this place. Fillet mignon medallions, bloody on the inside, charred on the outside, and wrapped with crisp bacon right off the skewer. These puppies melted in my mouth; I've never eaten anything so delectable. Except maybe the grilled pineapple that came right behind that skewer. Or possibly the seared pork loin. I lost track of how many bits and pieces of meat I ate that night. And pineapple. That stuff was amazing. And it was all you can eat. And, they brought the skewers to you, fresh from the grill. You just sat there and binged. They just keep bringing it - multiple waiters making circles of the room and back to the grill for another skewer. All for one price.

I've never seen or tasted anything like it.
Now THAT sounds faaaaaaaan-tastic! You've got me salivating, AC!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
What is your favorite restaurant? Where is it? What sort of food is it and what do you like most about it?
Obviously like life, this changes from time to time. Right now I think I would have to say a place here called Fred's. It is in Bentonville, AR and is bar-b-que but they have other things as well. We love their Sunday brunch: it is not the typical brunch with a combination of breakfast and lunch items but strictly lunch. Yes it is a buffet. The best part of the meal: the salads. everytime we go the salads are different and always better than the time before. Of course the chicken is good, the homemade mashed pots and the selection of desserts, but the salads are what won me over from the start.

Nita

Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I have too many favorites in too many places to narrow it down to one, so I'll go with the town I live in:

Brandon's Diner in Fontana, CA. I'm all about breakfast, and they do brekkie well. My favorite is a huge pastrami omelet topped with pork chile verde, smothered in their house-made pico de gallo and red chile. Served with dark hash browns with diced onions and peppers mixed in and a slice of excellent French toast, washed down with perfectly blended fountain Coke.

They also have excellent grilled sandwiches and delicious chilaquiles.
wow next time we are anywhere near Ontario or Fontana I would love to try the pastrami omelet.

Nita

Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 AM

12,054 posts, read 19,640,051 times
My favorite restaurant is Jessop's Tavern in New Castle, Delaware. It has been in its location for several hundred years and the food is always great. My other favorite no longer exists: Ponzio's in Cherry Hill, NJ. It was an Italian diner and being from Philly, I will always choose a diner if I can. They had the best hot turkey sandwiches. A close second is The Country Squire diner in Broomall, PA. Now in SXM, my favorite restaurant also no longer exists (I am seeing a trend here!). It was Don Carlos and had great breakfasts and fun, Tex-Mexish food for lunch and dinner. Don Carlos was the owner's cat and he had the run of the restaurant. While SXM is the gourmet capital of the Caribbean, I prefer fun and beachy places.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM

one more that was as much fun as good: it is called Blue and White restaurant in downtown Tunica, Ms. We have only had breakfast there: great typical southen breakfast at an affordable price and it has been there sine 1937, the year I was born...Now that is damn old...

Nita

Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,036,469 times
Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney!

Any kind of Teppan restaraunt/ sushi bar! So probably Wasabi and Benihana's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink