U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 PM

22,712 posts, read 21,760,954 times

Advertisements

I just called Ponzio's; they're still open. In fact, if you live in the region, you could probably still get there before they close for the night. They're open until 1:00 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
My favorite restaurant is Jessop's Tavern in New Castle, Delaware. It has been in its location for several hundred years and the food is always great. My other favorite no longer exists: Ponzio's in Cherry Hill, NJ. It was an Italian diner and being from Philly, I will always choose a diner if I can. They had the best hot turkey sandwiches. A close second is The Country Squire diner in Broomall, PA. Now in SXM, my favorite restaurant also no longer exists (I am seeing a trend here!). It was Don Carlos and had great breakfasts and fun, Tex-Mexish food for lunch and dinner. Don Carlos was the owner's cat and he had the run of the restaurant. While SXM is the gourmet capital of the Caribbean, I prefer fun and beachy places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:42 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,647,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I just called Ponzio's; they're still open. In fact, if you live in the region, you could probably still get there before they close for the night. They're open until 1:00 AM.
Thanks for the info. I know that they had closed at one time and I thought they were looking for another location but did not know that they had reopened. They are now on my list for a road trip!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:13 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Pastrami omelet sounds awesome. Reminds me of my favorite breakfast skillet at an Albanian-owned diner in my hometown. In addition to standard diner fare, the family that runs it serves up a few Mediterranean specials as well, and has thrown together some hybrids...one being the Grecian Skillet...eggs however you want them, topped with chopped up gyro meat, sauteed onions, grilled tomatoes, and a ramekin of chilled tzatziki sauce to top it all. Grilled pita instead of toast.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 PM

16,584 posts, read 32,648,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow next time we are anywhere near Ontario or Fontana I would love to try the pastrami omelet.

Nita
I'll buy.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 AM

4,668 posts, read 5,908,507 times
One of my favorites is Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 AM

69,297 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I'll buy.
you might have to do that, we are going to be in So Ca the first week in November.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 AM

1,586 posts, read 2,448,922 times
tell you what Cheesecake Factory was pretty good. Only reason we went was we got a gift certificate as a birthday gift....I had shepherds pie and chicken croquettes, my wife goes with her friends sometimes for lunch, she got some chinese chicken salad or something, and we split a piece of Godiva chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Food was pretty darn good for a chain restaurant...well prepared, huge portions...

Worst vote goes for either Applebees or Olive Garden. Been to each once in my life, and that was enough.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:17 AM

4,102 posts, read 4,995,107 times
I like Bob evans if i'm going out for breakfast, they make the best biscuits and gravy.
Other then that I dont have a favorite chain restaurant, they are pretty much all the same just different variations on the same crap.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM

4,470 posts, read 6,615,374 times
Default Hey there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
BJ's Brewhouse (Their clam chowder is incredible, along w/ many other things)
Olive Garden (Reasonable prices for the quality, and I have NEVER had substandard service at one)
Red Lobster (I can fill up on their cheddar bay biscuits before the food even gets to the table)
Buca di Beppo (Love the atmosphere and the originality)
PF Chang's (Half-price appetizers during happy hour. Yeah Baby! 3 to 6 pm)

I must say, though, that I will put a lot of effort into finding a small privately owned restaurant with killer food and great servive before I settle for the big boys. I like to support great local businesses.

Greaaaat choices...hope to get into the Brewhouse..

HW

Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,680,616 times
Panera Bread, great place for lunch or a light bite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink