U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:49 PM

6,485 posts, read 11,221,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
You can out just about nothing you like....leftovers...veggies...meats....plain oadta if you have some cooked....any cheeses...it's easy to list what you can't put in themy (many fruits for example but even then some may like that)
Not sure what you meant by "plain oadta"?

What kinds of leftovers have you put in scrambled eggs? That's actually where I got the steak and ham that I mentioned in the OP! I am open to more suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Back on topic: I feel barfy now, just writing and thinking of warm avocado
lol, Dawn, I am gonna feel barfy too! I had avocado in my salad earlier tonight and it was soooooooo good ... but the more I think about cooking it (with ANYTHING, not just eggs) the more my face looks like this: !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:03 PM

19 posts, read 13,873 times
chorizo sausage or smoke salmon for a treat goes well with the eggs.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:06 PM

16,047 posts, read 24,572,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
lol, Dawn, I am gonna feel barfy too! I had avocado in my salad earlier tonight and it was soooooooo good ... but the more I think about cooking it (with ANYTHING, not just eggs) the more my face looks like this: !
Hahaha! Hey, I just Googled "what to put in an omelet" (omelet/scrambled... same difference) and found this GREAT list of 50 things:

50 inspiring omelet filling ideas | Eating Well

Just, um, skip #11.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:13 PM

4,815 posts, read 3,494,840 times
I often put mushrooms, onions, green, yellow, and red pepper, sharp cheddar cheese in while cooking.

AFTER they are cooked, I will add slices of avocado (NOT cooked!) and/or salsa.

Wrap all this up in a tortilla!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonventure View Post
chorizo sausage or smoke salmon for a treat goes well with the eggs.
Sound YUMMY!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Hahaha! Hey, I just Googled "what to put in an omelet" (omelet/scrambled... same difference) and found this GREAT list of 50 things:

50 inspiring omelet filling ideas | Eating Well

Just, um, skip #11.
Great list!! Some things I never would have thought of at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I often put mushrooms, onions, green, yellow, and red pepper, sharp cheddar cheese in while cooking.

AFTER they are cooked, I will add slices of avocado (NOT cooked!) and/or salsa.

Wrap all this up in a tortilla!
I will have to try salsa. I did try scrambled eggs in a tortilla awhile ago ... for some reason the tortilla didn't seem to add much to the flavor so I ended up not eating the whole thing. And I say this as someone who loves tortillas! Maybe it was the particular combo of ingredients I had in that batch of scrambled eggs.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:49 PM

451 posts, read 339,940 times
Make some Stratta the night before, and throw it in the oven in the morning. Many recipes available online. (Nom, nom, nom)! Try them all.

Otherwise, make some scrambled eggs, put some peanut butter or jelly on a slice of toast, pour yourself a glass of OJ and call it breakfast.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 PM

5,033 posts, read 4,206,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Hi all, and happy 2015 to everyone! I am trying to eat more protein at breakfast, as opposed to my usual low-fat and fat-free muffins (I typically bake several different kinds and freeze them, but even I get sick of them sometimes!). My go-to breakfast is scrambled eggs or egg whites (or half and half), plus 1-2 slices of toast (I LOVE the blueberry bread that they sell at my local Target) and a banana or other fruit ... plus coffee of course! Anyway, so far I have tried my scrambled eggs with different kinds of cheese (can't really taste the cheese, which surprises me -- we used to get scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast at I-House in Berkeley and I could always taste the cheese, yum!); bacon bits; tiny pieces of cut-up ham; tiny pieces of cut-up steak; tiny pieces of red onions (was surprised at how much I liked this!); and I think that's all. (Oh, I didn't try these all at the same time, lol!)

I was thinking of trying avocado (love love love it) but I don't know when I would add it?

Oh, for breakfast I'm not too worried about calories as I like to get more of calories/fat early in the day rather than later. Just a habit.

So, what do YOU put in your scrambled eggs? (And FYI, when I start a thread, I am very generous with reps to all helpful replies!! )
I'm guessing the I-House eggs had a lot more salt than you are used to cooking with.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEvergreen View Post
Make some Stratta the night before, and throw it in the oven in the morning. Many recipes available online. (Nom, nom, nom)! Try them all.
I had never even heard of strata (I think that's how it's spelled ) so I googled it ... many recipes look really good! And of course I like the idea of doing the prep the night before. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I'm guessing the I-House eggs had a lot more salt than you are used to cooking with.
That's possible (I usually don't cook with ANY salt), but I'm curious, why would that make the taste of cheese stronger? (And I-House was my dorm, International House, in case anyone thought it was a restaurant like IHOP! )

Old 01-07-2015, 08:06 PM

30,477 posts, read 55,656,468 times
I love sliced baby portabella mushrooms in my eggs. Also chopped broccoli.

Try combinations of vegetables! There's always chopped spinach, too.

Enjoy!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:39 PM

3,440 posts, read 4,315,926 times
One thing I always grab is Cheese...Smoked Cheddar to be exact

It really gives eggs a very distinctive taste and everyone likes it..so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink