Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Hi all, and happy 2015 to everyone! I am trying to eat more protein at breakfast, as opposed to my usual low-fat and fat-free muffins (I typically bake several different kinds and freeze them, but even I get sick of them sometimes!). My go-to breakfast is scrambled eggs or egg whites (or half and half), plus 1-2 slices of toast (I LOVE the blueberry bread that they sell at my local Target) and a banana or other fruit ... plus coffee of course! Anyway, so far I have tried my scrambled eggs with different kinds of cheese (can't really taste the cheese, which surprises me -- we used to get scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast at I-House in Berkeley and I could always taste the cheese, yum!); bacon bits; tiny pieces of cut-up ham; tiny pieces of cut-up steak; tiny pieces of red onions (was surprised at how much I liked this!); and I think that's all. (Oh, I didn't try these all at the same time, lol!)

I was thinking of trying avocado (love love love it) but I don't know when I would add it?

Oh, for breakfast I'm not too worried about calories as I like to get more of calories/fat early in the day rather than later. Just a habit.

So, what do YOU put in your scrambled eggs? (And FYI, when I start a thread, I am very generous with reps to all helpful replies!! )
You can make scrambled eggs with cheese, and a side of black beans, both topped with a little guacamole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 07:23 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
I like to scramble the eggs really slowly with creme fraiche and parsley, really nice that way but takes a while.

Avocado is really nice fried so maybe fry it separately (with some bacon bits mmm) and then mix it in with the scrambled eggs.

Spring onions (scallions) would add a nice flavour too.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM

442 posts, read 496,664 times
I top my scrambled eggs with Tzatziki. If I don't have any - just fresh chopped dill and a dollop of sour cream. YUM!

Old 03-09-2018, 05:13 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Just thought I would update this old thread of mine ... went through and read all the great suggestions (again!) modcut

Wanted to add that lately I've been adding red chili flakes about halfway through cooking my scrambled eggs/egg whites. Can't believe what a difference it makes -- I really liked the dish before but the chili flakes add an extra "zing"!

Have also tried grape tomatoes, halved (I would have thought they would add too much moisture, but they're great). Very yummy!

I hope others have found this thread useful! Feel free to add more ideas!

Last edited by Beretta; 03-14-2018 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: see DM

Old 03-09-2018, 05:18 PM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Sometimes I add fresh cilantro,green or red finely diced chilies,diced onion,green peas,corn,tomato,ginger and garlic and flavour it with Indian spices.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:27 PM

130,293 posts, read 12,105,905 times
I sometimes add chopped up tofu, it makes it look like, more egg, because it blends right in, has no flavor, & just stretches it a bit. Green onions are always good, especailly with cheese. Most things that you can put in a salad, are good with eggs. Feta, olives, & kale is a favorite.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:30 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Feta cheese...

Old 03-09-2018, 06:23 PM

496 posts, read 411,743 times
I like to add nopalitos (cactus). I buy it in a jar here. Very tasty and something different.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:57 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
I put cream, dill, and S&P in my scrambled eggs. But before I make them, I roast a red or gold potato, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise and cut in thin slices, and tossed in EVOO, S&P, and rosemary. I let them roast for 35 minutes @ 400 in a parchment-lined au gratin dish, but any roasting pan will do. I make the eggs when the potatoes come out of the oven.

I don't mix or stir my eggs, however. I shake them in an old Talenti Gelato container with cream and salt until pulverized. I melt butter in a nonstick pan and grind pepper and add rosemary. When the butter is melted, I add the egg mixture. I scramble very quickly on high.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Hi all, and happy 2015 to everyone! I am trying to eat more protein at breakfast, as opposed to my usual low-fat and fat-free muffins (I typically bake several different kinds and freeze them, but even I get sick of them sometimes!). My go-to breakfast is scrambled eggs or egg whites (or half and half), plus 1-2 slices of toast (I LOVE the blueberry bread that they sell at my local Target) and a banana or other fruit ... plus coffee of course! Anyway, so far I have tried my scrambled eggs with different kinds of cheese (can't really taste the cheese, which surprises me -- we used to get scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast at I-House in Berkeley and I could always taste the cheese, yum!); bacon bits; tiny pieces of cut-up ham; tiny pieces of cut-up steak; tiny pieces of red onions (was surprised at how much I liked this!); and I think that's all. (Oh, I didn't try these all at the same time, lol!)

I was thinking of trying avocado (love love love it) but I don't know when I would add it?

My fave brunch place does an omelet that is avocado, bleu cheese, walnut, bacon, and mozzarella.

I personally love to make a fresh spinach and mushroom omelet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink