U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 08:49 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,981,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Why waste a good meal for the last day of your life, when you can have it and cherish the memories a month later?
Wise advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
There is a paradoxical construct about a man who is told that he is to be executed at dawn one day in the next week, but he will not know which day it will be until supper time the evening before. He concludes that it would be impossible for those terms to be carried out, because if he is still alive at noon on Friday, he would know that Saturday must be the day, and would know it before supper time. So he eliminates Saturday as the possible date, leaving Friday as the deadline, and would then know at noon on Thursday that both Friday and Saturday had been eliminated as possibilities. Similarly, he can work his way all the way back to the beginning of the week.

In addition to the happy discovery that he could not be executed, he has also received seven "last meals", and is not faced with this difficult decision. He can have caviar one day and a cheeseburger another.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:13 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,181,314 times
thin crust sausage pizza w. extra mozzarella and sausage
a slab of barbecued ribs with lots of sauce
1 dozen fresh oysters with spicy cocktail sauce
1 dozen slices of bacon with scrambled eggs and butter-soaked grits
a quick acting poison mixed into a large margarita so I could cheat the chair!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 PM

350 posts, read 567,307 times
Lots and lots of shrimp prepared every way except breaded
Curried crab and dumplings
Sushi
Bacon
Porridge the way my grandma used to make it

Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM

350 posts, read 567,307 times
Lots and lots of shrimp prepared every way except breaded
Curried crab and dumplings
Sushi
Bacon
Porridge the way my grandma used to make it

Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 PM

8,268 posts, read 10,377,187 times
Steak (rare filet)
Snow crab legs
Lobster
Sashimi

Also in case anyone is curious about the real deal, here is the list:

Last Meals Before Execution Photo Gallery on truTV.com's Crime Library

Definitely a lot heavier on comfort foods like fried chicken than the seafood tilt the thread responders seem to have.

Check out #13 = Cool Whip and cherries

Glutton award = #26

Stanley Allison Baker Jr.: Two 16-ounce ribeyes, one pound turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,144,896 times
In reality if I knew I was going to get executed I probably wouldn't have much of an appetite.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:04 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,595,255 times
1. Chicken curry noodles (yummm)
2. Rice with eggrolls and sweet sauce.
3. Stuff Chicken wings with rice and pepper (drools).
4. Beef Pho Noodle (I'm getting hungry for these food).
5. Sticky Sweet Rice with Mango and coconut (ahh! <3)

Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 PM

7,288 posts, read 10,369,507 times
1. Filet Mignon, medium well, with bleu cheese crumbles, A1 Sauce & Catsup (sorry!)
2. Garlic Mashed Potatoes with bleu cheese dressing and BBQ sauce
3. Garlic Bread with cheese & Italian seasoning
4. Salad: Romaine lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, sliced olives, bacon bits, croutons, seeds, raisins, pecans, bleu cheese crumbles, bleu cheese dressing
5. A nice oakey Chardonnay and fresh ice-water, then French coffee, sugar & cream
(all ingredients organic and of the finest quality . . .linen table cloth, candles, a wonderful dinner guest and scintillating conversation. Baroque music in the background.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:56 PM

29,610 posts, read 31,914,576 times
A big mac, fries and a coke maybe? I wouldn't be worrying about what I ate anymore.

There was a comedy skit years about about this very thing. The prisoner (played by Jack Cassidy I believe) wanted Hummingbird tongues...something he knew would take a lot of time to get thus giving him more time on the clock. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink