Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 AM

19,241 posts, read 15,113,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm going to practice making more desserts. I want to make cheesecake with home made strawberry sauce and graham cracker crust, brownies (the kind with the crust on top and the rich center) and work with some of those frostings that are supposed to harden (clay frosting I think it's called). I have a bunch of new desserts saved to favorites.

As far as eating, I want to eat more cabbage and raw garlic to build up my immune system.
Me too. Especially baking. I never bake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I hate chickens so I'm gonna eat more chicken.

Flightless abominations.
Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,032,130 times
I resolve to not change anything when it comes to how I live my life except for what we have to eat daily.
I would get tired of the same old thing all of the time.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:00 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,200,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
This year I want to work on my Portuguese cooking. I have a Portuguese father and all my aunts, uncles, cousins make the most incredible Portuguese dishes. I think I am intimidated by their skill. In fact my Scottish/Irish husband makes the kale soup in our house. I send him to the Portuguese market all the time, they love him in there!

For eating more I would love to up my fruit intake. I love vegetables, fruit not so much.
I'm the same way. You can season and dress vegetables and it's easy to make them taste good without too many extra calories (just salt/pepper/oil vinegar) . I can eat a green pepper all by itself.

You can't really dress fruit unless you want to use whipped cream and sugar (or chocolate sauce) which defeats the purpose. I only drink fruit in smoothie form to get around the texture and awfulness.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:06 PM

187 posts, read 194,255 times
I already charcoal grill and eat a hefty amount of steaks each year . This year I'll resolve to increase that amount.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM

19,241 posts, read 15,113,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
I already charcoal grill and eat a hefty amount of steaks each year . This year I'll resolve to increase that amount.
That's another thing we'd like to do! But we live in a condo, and can't have anything like that on our balcony. They have a couple of communal ones, but for some reason we never use them.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:05 PM

75 posts, read 119,467 times
I'm going to eat more kale and roughage in general. Luckily I live in Vermont, land of hippies, where it's easier to find kale than McDonalds!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:45 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,614,513 times
I'm going to make my own sausage and perfect my pizza making skills!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:51 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,207,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
That's another thing we'd like to do! But we live in a condo, and can't have anything like that on our balcony. They have a couple of communal ones, but for some reason we never use them.

When I was in your position I had a small portable one from like HD or Lowes. Brought it out, grilled, and brought it back inside. Never had an issue. Using the communal ones would scare me

Old 01-23-2015, 02:47 PM

20,862 posts, read 28,209,689 times
I resolve to eat better (already started 3 weeks ago) cook more ( I cook 6 days a week now) 1 day take out. Stop eating snacks after dinner. Drink more water.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:42 PM

12,050 posts, read 10,199,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I know it is a little late in the year but we all have New Year's resolutions. What do you resolve to make more or eat more in the new year?

I resolve to make more salads as a side for dinner. I always make at least one fresh veggie to go with dinner but it is hard for me to get excited over my own salad. Salad always taste better when someone else makes it
Same here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink